The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front Suspension

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Front Suspension

Hi everyone! I'm new here and would like some feedback on my questions. I own a 2003 Galant ES 4-banger automatic.And what I like to know if anyone out there has tried to cut the front springs to lower the front end? I'm sure you all know about that ugly 4 inch gap in the fender wells that make the car look like the engine is missing. Well before I go and spend hundreds of $$$, I just wanted to know if it is possible to cut the springs. :) Thanks

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Possible, but not a good idea. It's better to get aftermarket springs.

EDIT: Also get aftermarket shocks/struts as well. It will save you lots of money/labor/time in the long run.

Thanks SleekGTZ....I will go look for these parts!! Another ????, my Galant makes this ugly sweeking sound in the front when ever I brake or take off from a stopping point. Are my struts shot?.

For the squeaking noise, I'm not sure if it's strut or it could be your brakes.

Anyway, for a decent setup, most people here buy Tein S-Tech lowering springs (for I4, not V6, in your case) and KYB GR-2 for struts and shocks.

By the way, beware of fake Tein springs. I think there is a thread somewhere around here about that topic.

I actually have a 4cyl dropped on v6 springs drop is less than the i4 setup due to the springs being set for a heavier engine

Hey SleekGTZ, I just installed a set of drilled/slotted rotors,new pads,rear brake shoes and 2 new sets of polyurethane bushings for the sway bars. The car handles great but I had this squeaking not (sweeking) sorry about my spelling....anyway the noise started about 6 months ago. Is there some kind of bushing between the spring and the car?. The Galant hit 66.000 miles today on my way to work. When do you suppose the replace the struts? Thanks

Hey Qnzmostwanted, what is the clearance between the tire and fender?

Also......what is G2 G8 or G7? thanks

This might help if you haven't read it yet.

https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/vi...ghlight=squeak

WOW!! I thought I was the only one with that problem. I know for a fact that the new bushing have lots of grease and that sound is coming from the front. Thanks 4 D info!!