The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: R1 Concept brakes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 45 of 45
    i ordered mine on the 5th of sept, didn't get them till the 28th because they needed to get dipped in zinc a second time - i got drilled/slotted with the R1 logo on every rotor...300 with shipping. i drive a 9g. now they're sitting in my house cause i don't have the time to put them on, gah! all that waiting and being impatient only to do this!

but here's a link to the pics:
    http://www.club9g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173

zobgel: nice sig haha.

SOLD.

i wanna get them for my G but its not my daily driver now since the volvo is and i have disk on the rear of the volvo then the drums on the G so im gonna order them for the volvo and see how i like them and then i will get them for my car after i do a rear disk conversion $195 shipped for 4 rotors not bad at all
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

have any of your guys rotors started to rust even though they were zinced??? just wondering about the guys who had them for a couple months now...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

you have any pics with wheels on? i wanna see how small they look..

rotor rust protection - correction - rust prevention

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    have any of your guys rotors started to rust even though they were zinced??? just wondering about the guys who had them for a couple months now...
    Here at R1, we try our very best to prevent rust by either with zinc coating that is standard on all E-line rotors. While the Premium rotors get the Black E-coated treatment on the hubs and vane structures. But in rare cases some of my customers had rust build up on there rotors. However these customers live in areas where it rains and snow quite often where most rotors will rust no matter what.

For future reference try spraying high temp black paint or VHT on the rotors. I have heard this works best.

Thanks,
    Steven

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123