The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 GS Fuel Cut Off (New ECU needed?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    I have a blown ABS relay. I don't know how that would cause the car to act as if the battery is dead. But, it seems to be the issue. Of course auto parts stores do not carry it, so I'm gonna run up to my friendly neighborhood junk yard and find an ABS equipped Galant or Eclipse and get it's relay.
    -Well that never happened in the simulations.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

That wouldn't cause your car to not star.....It is something electrical like your battery or cables.....Check your posts and make sure theres no crude on them....Check your cables and make sure there snug and no corrosion on them....Also another thing you can do if you want to check your starter is get a set of jumper cables....Hook it up to your battery and disconnect all cables from the starter....hook up the postive to the postive hookup on the starter....Then with the negative touch the negative post....And if it spins your starter is allright....Another this is it could be the alternator...but the only fuse that would stop if from staring would be something for the fuel or ignition...and if its not even trying to turn over its somethin with your ignition....

Alright, I'm finally back to my car. Everything should be all good aside from my fuel issue. Is there anyone who is running an SAFC-2? What should I set all the values to? Not just the fuel, but all of them. DOHC Stunr, you're running the same engine. Different turbo, but same engine. Have you ran an SAFC? I can find info for Evos and 2G's but, of course, nothing specifically for Galants. I know each individual car will be different. I just would like to have a safe baseline to start from.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

Also, the is a 94 GS still OBD1? I have found people who say it is OBD2 even though OBD2 was not used till 96. I think. ??? I need to find what kind of logger I can use.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

94-96 are OBD I - OBD II . Freaky weird hybrid thing . I made a topic about this earlier this week in 7G performance. Evoscan has been proven to work with the 7G as a logger. Downside being it runs off of a laptop.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Actually DOHCstunr was swapped out to a 4g63t with an eclipse ecu. I don't know if he ever ran an AFC and the only person I can recall who did was Peano and from what I remember he had problems with the afc. Your best bet might be switching over to an eclipse ecu but I don't know which one works for your setup(1g or 2g) or what exactly is required wiring wise. Good luck getting things figured out and make sure to let us know what happens.

Oh and if you decide you want to get rid of that 97gst ecu let me know how much you want for it.

222whp/250wtq

the problem with safc's is that they lie to the ecu.

when you cut fuel on an safc... it adds timing.. which is exactly what you don't want to happen.

so all you can do to prevent this is to get a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. then run a lower pressure than stock, and add fuel that way(as opposed to taking fuel away)
    this won't have adverse timing effects.

but if you are getting fuel cut... its because you are over running the injectors. having 450's and that tiny turbo... i woudl presume that its not an injector problem so much as a boost leak problem. you r turbo is pulling more air through than neccesery because its blowing boost out through leaks in your system. this cuases the injectors to increase duty cycle.... even though there is no additional air in the plenum.
    so your ijectors maz out prematurely becuase of the spike in duty cycle..... and viola! your ecu cuts fuel.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

you need to replace the gauge. Im pretty sure its faulty. you might be overboosting but you wouldnt know since you have a faulty gauge.

I'd say replace the gauge and see how much you are boosting. My buddy's SRT kept fuel cutting after 3000rpms cuz he was boosting more than 19lbs. on stock 550's. we changed plugs to OEM, and turned the boost down from spiking 19 and falling to 17 to spiking 17 and falling to 15psi, and voila the car pulls even harder.

just trying to help.

I'm not sure about you SAFC issue though.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

OK. I have learned to install boost gauges. Removed and reinstalled it myself, and now it works. The "performance" shop that installed my gauge had the vacuum lines in the wrong places. I HATE Redline Performance with a passion!
    I have figured out, I think, the fuel cutting issues. But I have a piston rattling all over the place when the RPM's get high. (A result of Redline Performance {They installed my boost gauge and SAFC.}attempting a dyno with my fuel being so lean.) So,,, I shall have to get new pistons. I'll go ahead and replace the rods too while it's apart and give it a metal head gasket. I'll keep the post updated as it progresses.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12