The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIPPMODS 4CYL SDS Running PICs and Video

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    RIPPMODS

RIPPMODS 4CYL SDS Running PICs and Video

http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.ph...&threadid=80592

Sorry I have not been around but we've been busy this is what we have done....

OK guys, today is the first day we started the 4CYL RIPP SDS. It's been 3 months and we finally got it done. The owner (Davin) was there as we made the finishing adjustments. The system is supper clean looking it mounts the SDS right in front of the trans in that big empty space.

We worked on it all morning and once we had the belts and bolts all tight, the time came to bring the SDS to life. The car cranked over and started right up, the SDS whirled to life and the whine of the turbine sounds mean as hell. Throttle response is insane, the engine spools right to life now. no more slow revving.

Now the only thing left is fuel and timing, as well as one redesign of a boost hose. After-which we will lay down some HP and prove our power making ability on the 4cyl, then we will finalize cost and post pricing.

Our Thanks go out to Davin for being so patient with us. He knows we would have been done weeks ago but our machinist had complications with other jobs he needed to take care of first before he was able to work on our stuff.

THANKS for the support guys. We truly appreciate all the kind words and patience you have with us as a company, It makes all the hours we put into this worth it. We hope to be laying down the HP like your V6 brothers, which if you've been following is:

296 whp 5SPD GT. Foxomatic
    284 whp 5SPD MATT
    264.7 5SPD GTS duhh76
    259.8 WHP auto eddie27 GTZ Galant
    258.9whp sporty Gt. stevmorh

More DYNO numbers as they come.

We will resume performance tuning on this (4cyl) car in one week. For now the final fittment of the production model will be fit.

We would like to get an Idea of how many kits we should run our first time around. I know its hard to tell if you will be getting it or not but it would save us a lot of time and money if you are all not finically ready for this right now. Lets say you will be ready closer in spring, then we won't run 20 systems this time around.

We figure a production price of $3595.95* (price will vary in very small figures here and there this is very safe on the high side right now.)

This price will include:
    SDS (6061 aluminum)
    SDS idle pulley and bracket
    Vortech V5 Gtrim
    Boost pipes/hoses
    Fuel pump Walboro 255
    fuel pressure regulator/lines
    1600cc Atomizer injector (for fuel enrichment under boost)
    2 bar map sensor
    Vacuum hoses
    Ripp Black Box (preprogrammed)
    Belt
    Oil lines (feed and return)
    Oil pan fittings
    Air filter and breather hose
    Fully illustrated Instruction
    1 year warranty on the SDS
    2 year on the blower
    Customer support 2nd to none

*bypass valve pending* (if we can control boost without it we will not include it)

Regards,
    Ross Esposito
    Rippmods
    718-442-4723
    www.rippmods.com

PICS and pricing will be added to our website very soon!

omg that is a beautiful peice of machinery the first thing im gonna do is go get the loudest damn blow off valve possible lol... so people will be like what the hell did you hear that pssttt come from that galant? ill be like naw wasnt me lol wanna race :twisted:

damn you guys do amazing work looking forward to doing business with you very soon...
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    OMG i think i have just Enlightenment..lol.. :shock: Someone give me the freakin lotto numbers.. If i had the dough on hand, which i only have half of it, i would drive my happy us up to NY and have u guys there put it in..lol
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

I can't breathe...it's so pretty... :shock:

Fast99ES
    I am in the process of saving already...i've been anticipating this supercharger for a long time...loox clean as hell...sounds damn good too...

Is this something that we can bolt up ourselves or must we take it to a professional to tune??
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

stephen7983
    That's sweet...... so guys what's the expected wheel hp with this supercharger ?? It's not gonna be anywhere near a supercharged v6 galant right??

Kwiksix
    I was there when they first started galantt3's car nuff props to him he's a real cool guy.
    I cant even explain how it sounds in person!!!!!!!!!!!
    Guys start savin up it'll be the best investment you ever make for your cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIPPMODS
    Many thanks to Davin (owner of test car) he has been supper patient with us and you all owe him.... When we finally get a meet going and Davin has his SDS 4cyl HE pays for nothing.... Its on me!

Ross
    Rippmods

The install will be able to be done by a hoddiest. It should only take 6-8 hours. Its easier than the 6cyl cars.

The Black Box will be preprogrammed and no tuning will be needed at all.

Thnks Kwiksix, it was great having you around when we started it,.... it does sound mean thou huh!

The Mpegs do it no justice.

Rippmods

whats the haps on shipping and any of this for the 7g 2.4l?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Fast99ES
    Any word about the hp and torque numbers? Or an estimate? I'm assuming good... 8)