The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: door speakers in a 8G

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

door speakers in a 8G

How do you mount aftermarket speakers in the door of these? I tried calling my local car stereo place, and they don't have an adapter plate, so do i just have to make my own or is there a place i can special order one??

some people just use washers and have it grab the speaker

3 out of the 4 screw holes for my 6.5" speakers fit and for me that was enough.

you can go to like crutchfield or similar store and buy an adaptor plater

some 6.5" speakers have tabs for 6.75" speakers

worse comes to worse ,you could just buy some masonite and make an adaptor plate like any good shop should be able to do if you were to make them install them

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

x2 that's what i did washers works good no promblems

the ones that I've got, i can only get two in, and thats not going to be good enough...i'll see if crutchfields got anything, i didnt even think about them...

Contact Chris or Alex at Elemental Designs.... www.elementaldesigns.com and they may have one. I just used 3/4 mdf....

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

I used some MDF and a jig saw to make mine. then I sanded the edges to make it look a like more uniform. Worked out real good.

i got a buddy in a sheet metal shop thats going to hook me up. We're going to fabricate them ourselves...thats the best kind...free!!

you can peal the plastic mounting plate off of your factory speaker and screw your new speaker to it, and mount up the original holes
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    you can peal the plastic mounting plate off of your factory speaker and screw your new speaker to it, and mount up the original holes
    I tried that already, but the new speakers holes won't reach the bracket...I have no way to mount them to the bracket...

BIG ASS WASHERS with a little hole for the screw, once u can offset drill to make it fit

That's why I got 6.75" speakers... they fit perfectly. :P

will 6x9's fit?

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    They fit in the rear deck
    ~Lady Driven~