The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 20" winter tires?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

20" winter tires?

ok I don't want to have to get another set of 18"s or smaller to be able to use winter tires this year. Does anyone know of any 20" winter/snow tires? Right now I'm on 225/35/20ZR Nitto 555 tires and those DO NOT perform well in winter conditions in Colorado. Damn near killed myself trying that last year. My 18"s are out of commission for good it looks like and I'd really rather not have to get another set as that would push back my getting new suspension for quite awhile. Any help appreciated. :)

Dude, just get steelies and put them on. I rather have my stock wheels that car came with and be safe and not look good than the opposite.

Neogens?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

how wide are your wheels?? thats gonna greatly effect how well your car peforms in the snow.

in this case, wider is not better

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

My stock wheels are in a garage in FL. Guess I could mail them to myself and it'd still be cheaper than a new set of whatever.

Anyone tried Neogens in the snow by chance?

My 20"s are 8" wide

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    keep tryin craigslist or club3g for some steelies, im sure you can get them cheap. that's what you really wanna ride on anyway, 20s in Colorado snow cant be good

if i had factory wheels and the tread was still good on them i'd use them. first of all, the wheels are narrower which is a big plus in the snow

secondly i wouldn't have to worry too much about damaging the wheels from all the chemicals and whatnot that they put on the roads when it snows. i'd rather ruin the finish on my factory wheels than ruin the finish on some nice 20's

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

After living in Wyoming for a number of winters, I would not use 20s in the winter. I bought some 16s with snow tires for my G in the winter time, and I'm so glad I did. Even with snow tires I would slide around from time to time and I've scuffed the 16s more times than I can count...I could only imagine how shitty that would be on 20s. I'd imagine that one rashing on those chromes would make you wish you downsized ;) You can get 15 or 16s with tires for probably the price of one 20" rim + tire anyhow.

Yeah I tried going down a hill in the snow on 20"s last year and let's just say I"m glad I was the only one on the road at the time.

I'm in FL now, I'm just gunna ship the stock wheels back to Denver. They look cool enough for me. I have an LS so it came with decent wheels.