The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 180hp???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32

180hp???

Ok i so me and a friend went to this shop and took a quick dyno run just to see what my car was laying down cause i beat his civic and he said no way and he let me run it for free since i have been helping him alot....Well first run got all messed up cause someone hit the overdrive button and i wasn't in the car and the guy that was noticed it at the last second so we scrapped that one....Then we ran it again and got 174.3hp and 180tq.....I figured somethin was wrong cause there is no way im running that much so we run again after letting it cool off for bout 30mins. and we grab somethin to eat come back and hook everything back up and run it again and this time we get 180hp 186.4tq......Know when i bought the car used the guy said that the guy had taken the engine out and worked on it some but i figured he just did a few fix it things and made sure there were no leaks and swapped the tranny cause it was in a wreck and damaged it cause i saw it....but is it possible that he did replace some of the internals? I know there is no actual way to check the internals unless i get in there in look, the only problem with that is i cant get in there to look cause were in our like 18th straight day of rain here...Any idea? and this is completly stock 98 ls with 16's up front not much else though did upgrade the transaxle cv joints with somethin a little stronger but still that shouldn't really do that much....

Edit---Just so you know this was a in car dyno...I'm not sure what the software was but It is the one that hooks into the obd-2 port and then he also ran 2 sensors off the exhaust.....Did it from 2nd and also 3rd...

different dyno's have different algorithms for calculating hp. your dyno might read 180 hp, it might read something else on a mustang dyno, it might read something totally different on a dynojet

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If it wasnt a real dyno, then dont even worry about those numbers, they arent accurate.
    7g for life!

Well see the thing is that we have used this before and then ran it on a dyno and it was around 10hp or less off of what the actually dyno was reading is why i was trying to figure out what was up...

I dont trust those numbers. Put your car on a dyno and see what it says. Not all cars would read the same on an OBDII dyno.
    7g for life!

I wouldnt trust that, go to a dynojet dyno and run it. It would be hard to get that power out of our motors n/a

anyone know what the stock horse numbers usually are?
    "All day baby, all day, except in the morning."

performance mods
    -custom cai (never said it was good)
    -custom 2.5" exhaust + test pipe
    -pacesetter headers
    Visual mods
    -HID headlights
    -havc white/blue/red replacement

about 140hp stock

but thats not how much we put down

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

right, thats what I was trying to point out. I mean my car is pushing past that 140hp for sure, but I'm not hittin 180hp. I might be hitin 160-165ish...
    and probably not even that. I wish our cars could put out 180hp :D

edit-stock, obviously

performance mods
    -pacesetter headers
    Visual mods
    -HID headlights

i probably put down more than you

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I can beat stock Si's in my 8G with a CAI and axle-back.

I also ran a 15.8 at the track after my uncle flashed the ECU. and I took everything out of the car. seats, spare, etc. It was also 60* that day.

My car is heavier than 7G's and pretty sure heavier than Si's so I think I'm putting down atleast a good 160 to the flywheel on a good day atleast.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    maybe so... But my tranny puts more power to those wheels than you might think, I rebuilt it myself. 8)

performance mods
    -pacesetter headers
    Visual mods
    -HID headlights

oh, i have no doubt mine is putting down a minimum of 160.
    the 5spd with my centerforce is a good combo
    i smoked a supercharged TRD scion tc
    got him by 5 lengths over a quarter

yeah, I laugh at all the v-tecs I smoke everyday. :twisted: lol. Not to mention some of the v8 trucks that feel like testing me. The only truck to ever beat as of yet is my buddies 88 toyota. 3.0 v6 4x4 manual. And thats probably because it is a two seater with most(if not all) of the bed eaten away by rust. lol.

performance mods
    -pacesetter headers
    Visual mods
    -HID headlights

lol, i got my ass handed to me by a twin turbo cummins deisel.
    i didnt know he was turbo until we launched and all i could hear was the whistle of the giant turbo in my ear...
    he got me by 2 lengths...
    and hondas are laughable, enough said

I stopped dissing Hondas after I got raped by a B18C swapped CR-X with bolt-ons and a clutch. I got eaten alive by about 3 lengths, after he spot me out 2. I raced him again this time I got the hit with 3 spots and he caught me and left me 3, again.

Some hondas deserve props man. I used to hate them too. But now, I never underestimate them.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Crim
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    maybe so... But my tranny puts more power to those wheels than you might think, I rebuilt it myself. 8)
    my tranny is all Fidanza

i just got to figure out what the hell is wrong with everything now.

yeah watch out for them B18's, they rev ooober high :shock:

A stock auto Galant usually will put down between 110-120whp. A stock 5spd is probably in between 120-130whp. Theres no way on Gods green earth you could put down 180whp on an NA SOHC Galant with just bolt ons. Sorry to burst your bubble, a SOHC 7g with bolt ons(I/H/E) would be lucky to see 140whp.
    7g for life!

its going to take cams, a MAF translator, valvesprings, an aggressive timing map on a chipped 95 galant sohc eprom ecu, a ported intake manifold, adjustable cam gear(with a dyno guided index), a upgraded adjustable fuel pressure regulator, a lightweight crank pulley( or pulley set) no a/c belt, a higher rev limiter, balance shaft elimination, some very light weight wheels. if you were manual you coudl run a aluminum flywheel.
    no exhaust leaks from motor to tip, no cat, no intake leaks whatsoever, even something like a groundwire kit(your factory grounds are between 14 and 10 years old....

basically a whole lot.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast