The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: IMMOBILIZER

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

IMMOBILIZER

where is the IMMOBILIZER located? I took the battery out of my 8g and left it out for about a week...i had to take the dash out..lower part only...(you know replace the blower motor)..and now my car wont start..all electrical works..and battery is good...but it wont start....some one told me it could be the galants IMMOBILIZER..he said that his eclips had the same problem...any one car to comment..?
    paid4.....99 galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i dont believe the 99 galant has an immobilizer, if it does then it would probroblly be somewhere near the ecu like the 00's

Its not near the ecu but that don't matter because there is no immobilizer in the 99
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    I doubt this would matter since the chip is in the Key and it does not need battery to keep its codes as it is flashed on the chip itself, the same goes for the cars computer as they are flashed at the same time. does your car tries turn over at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano
    I doubt this would matter since the chip is in the Key and it does not need battery to keep its codes as it is flashed on the chip itself, the same goes for the cars computer as they are flashed at the same time. does your car tries turn over at all?
    does not turn over just clicks....
    paid4.....99 galant

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Correct on that, there is no immobilizer on the 99. Although the immobilizer is located in the key cylinder. There is a plug in the cylinder you have to disconnect.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    Correct on that, there is no immobilizer on the 99. Although the immobilizer is located in the key cylinder. There is a plug in the cylinder you have to disconnect.
    No, the immobilizer is located under the ac controls. A little black box, not the silver one(thats the cruize control ecu)
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paid4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano
    does not turn over just clicks....
    then its something else, if you have a 99 the everyone else is saying is true. If you did have an immobilizer and it was that the car would not even click.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    make sure ur battery clamps are on tight and there's no white residue on them, may just be a bad connection not allowing the car to start

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    No, the immobilizer is located under the ac controls. A little black box, not the silver one(thats the cruize control ecu)
    you have a pic of this thing..i cant find it and the repair amnual says its there...
    paid4.....99 galant

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Dude, the book says that its right in the steering column near the key release cable. its a lil plug thingy.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678