The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone got this Navigation unit

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

Anyone got this Navigation unit

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LATEST-GPS-N...QQcmdZViewItem

wanted some feedback before looking more into it, it has a Samsung 400 Mhz cpu which looks good, but should I just stick to lookin @ the name brand units?

a big thing for me with a GPS is maps and POI's. that auction says nothing about that. having the latest maps is always great. and having a bunch of POI's is good too.

a GPS is useless if it doesn't have updated maps that have places you want to go to.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    I don't have that but I just wanted to let you know to check out the Mio GPS as well (I have an older model c310x). They're pretty good for the price, plus the Point of Interest (POI's) are very good. They will release a firmware and map upgrade this month.

There's even a Mio GPS forum just like TGC, I hang out there every now and then, LOL!

Good luck on your GPS search. :)

i agree. the mio's are a nice GPS unit for their price. the only thing i really didn't like about it is the outdated maps. MIO has promised an upgrade "next month" for the past few months. so who knows. if they do come out with an upgrade, i might reconsider getting that.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    i agree. the mio's are a nice GPS unit for their price. the only thing i really didn't like about it is the outdated maps. MIO has promised an upgrade "next month" for the past few months. so who knows. if they do come out with an upgrade, i might reconsider getting that.
    Here's the latest:
    (taken from http://www.miogps.com/US/C310x-FAQ.htm)

Limited Time Offer! Mio DigiWalker? C310x Map Update
    As our way of saying “thank you” to those people who helped put Mio Technology on the map, Mio Technology is offering a special map update promotion to our valued Mio DigiWalker? C310x users.

This map update will allow you to upgrade the firmware of your C310x device as well as update the map data. This upgrade will deliver improved road position accuracy, improved “one way street” notifications, newly added streets and addresses, and improved routing in rural areas and more.

For a limited time, Mio DigiWalker C310x owners will be able to receive this special upgrade offer for the special price of $14.95 + $9.95 shipping and handling. This special update pricing will also be available for a limited time at participating Circuit City locations.

Mio Technology will begin taking orders for the C310x map update DVD on July 16, 2007 on the Mio Technology web site, www.mio-tech.com. Offer dates and availability details at participating Circuit City locations to be announced soon.

Top 3 things I like about the unit (310x):

1. Voice route guide - So you can focus on your driving and just listen to the direction given to you. Very handy when you need to find a place where you're not familiar with.

2. Auto route recalculation - If you miss a turn, it will auto recalculate the next best route.

3. Fast zoom in and zoom out.

Of course its not a perfect gps, but its upside far outweighs the downside.

:)

TGC Regular
    Seems like those are pretty good for the price I might pick one of these up. I just don't like the fact that there site nor Circuit City's site don't really list all the features of their product. I'm leaning toward the C510, does anyone know if all the Mio's have auto rerouting and also if the map update will work with that model? Maybe the C510 has up-to-date maps. Also I need to know if all their models have the customizable POI feature.