The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2000 galant lost clicker help!

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

2000 galant lost clicker help!

:( Hello,
    I need help I have a 2000 galant 4 banger real sweet 15000 miles and still strong as hell. I bought the car last year and I had problems from day one with this damn car remote alarm. well anyway I lost the clicker and now I cant start the car!!! Is the a bypass or how do I geting a new clicker without spending an arm and a leg? Thanx in advance

mike

is it an aftermarket alarm?? get it removed.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

thanx for reply from what I gather its an audiovox buts its wired to everything lights doors and ignition I cant start the damn car does anyone no were I would start to cut this *$%%* out?

Im not sure if its an after market or not it was a 2 button clicker red light on dash black horn on drivers side and I found a on off toggol switch by the foot rest left side

ok heres the deal from what i,m looking at there are wires that are stripped and taped the car was the first year with the imobilizer was installed. so this is what
    i think happened. I think there was an imobilizer bypass installed because I have original key that does not start the car. I used the clicker and it allowed the key to start the car{bypass} now I have no clicker and I put key in and I get all dashboard lights up but no start. So is there away to install a new bypass with new clicker? If anyone noes a site were I could get one thanx

mike

Sounds like you have an after market alarm installed in the vehicle. If you remove the driver's side underdash(7 or 8 screws). You should be able to see a black box with a bunch of wires coming from it. On or more of those wires should be a fuse. Most likely 1 10amp and 1 15amp fuse. Take those fuses out. That'll kill power to the alarm and allow you to start the car.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like you have an after market alarm installed in the vehicle. If you remove the driver's side underdash(7 or 8 screws). You should be able to see a black box with a bunch of wires coming from it. On or more of those wires should be a fuse. Most likely 1 10amp and 1 15amp fuse. Take those fuses out. That'll kill power to the alarm and allow you to start the car

you are the man thank you so much it was tucked away in the dash but you were correct a black box with 2 fuses pulled them and whammo car started!!!!!

thank you guys for your support

mike