The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car vibrates in 3rd/4th gear.

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Car vibrates in 3rd/4th gear.

I've posted this before, but never got a real answer. Whenever I'm driving slowly in either 3rd or 4th gear, the car starts to vibrate. It usually happens when the rpms are between 1500-1800. It doesn't happen in 1st or 2nd gear, even when I'm going real slow. What could be wrong? I looked at the tranny oil and it's a dark red. Does that mean it needs to be changed? The car has 13K miles, but it's only because the engine is newer than the rest of the car. I'm not sure how many miles the tranny actually has. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
    - 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V (stock)
    - 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 (auto)
    "In the past, God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man [Jesus Christ] whom God appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Check the motor mount and the 3 trans mounts. More then likely your front/rear trans roll stop/mounts need to be replaced.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Check the motor mount and the 3 trans mounts. More then likely your front/rear trans roll stop/mounts need to be replaced.
    What exactly do these mounts do?
    - 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V (stock)
    - 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 (auto)
    "In the past, God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man [Jesus Christ] whom God appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    they hold the engine in place and absort it's vibration. Even a new engine vibrates.
    -Pedro