The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: In Need Of Something!

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

In Need Of Something!

Hey guys i def need some quick help. I recently bought some drilled and slotted rotors from this guy online and put them on n they look and work nice, but after our first rain since i put them on they got rust drip marks and stuff on them from one shower, im taking my wheels off 2maro to put new mud guards on. Can anyone tell me the best way to clean that rust off without messing up any part of the rotors, thanks alot. Im just going to try and clean them this once and see if this was just a one time thing because they are new or something? Any help would be appriciated.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    wire brush or sand paper man. that is the best way to clean them.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

normal for any rotor unless they are zinc plated... drive a mile and it will disappear...

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebirdman13
    normal for any rotor unless they are zinc plated... drive a mile and it will disappear...
    ditto.

your novicehood shines. :)
    -Pedro

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    x3

if there's rust on the braking surface thats normal. if its on like a non braking surface, just paint that part of the rotor and you don't have to worry about seeing the rust. make sure you clean the rotor first.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdman13
    doesnt matter if they are zinc plated the brake will just wear off the zinc plating, ANY rotor will have rust on it.

yeah, but at least the rest of it will be pretty

Try painting the rotors, but not where the pads contact the rotors. Tape it off or you can just spray paint them and then sand where the pads will hit them.
    Shaun Carlock