The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Meguiars's Scratch-X scratch remover

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

Meguiars's Scratch-X scratch remover

Must be for super-fine scratches, cuz they didn't remove mine that weren't even that bad at all. Leaves the paint SHINY tho

Experienced TGC Member
    Yeh i havent had any good experiences with "Scratch removers". Ill tell you guys one thing though....this wax right here is the shit!!!

We used scratch x at the car wash i worked at a while back. I thought the stuff actually worked fairly well.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Rom
    We used scratch x at the car wash i worked at a while back. I thought the stuff actually worked fairly well.
    Ive used Scracth X hella plenty. And it looks good when you first apply it. After a couple minutes and after wiping off the residue, it leaves the paint looking the same as it did before. Like i said above, that Fast Wax wax is daaamn impressive! :P

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Rom
    Ive used Scracth X hella plenty. And it looks good when you first apply it. After a couple minutes and after wiping off the residue, it leaves the paint looking the same as it did before. Like i said above, that Fast Wax wax is daaamn impressive! :P
    you have tp really buff it in,

cause you aren't trying to hide the scratch, you are trying to polish it out.... which takes elbowgrease.
    if the scratch is deeper, then you need a more abrasive compound... like polishing compound..... and if its real bad then rubbing compound.

but be sure you gauge the scratch right the first time... cause if you go from one to the next to the next on the same spot.. you are going to damage your paint.

side note... depending on the polish... (variables like grit and such)
    there are different methods to applying it, and working it.
    somme may be best applied with a small high speed buffer.

others may require to be applied by hand. and in a swirl motion,
    most will require that you go inline with the scratch(back and forth).

and also... every polish i've ever used..... calls for it to be removed as soon as its applied. NEVER let it dry to a haze like wax... you DO NOT want the polish to bond to the paint.

apply, work it in, wipe clean, buff with a clean rag.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    have u gotten good results on ur black paint? I think cuz I got a Maaco job and the clear coat was in the paint it may be a different case in terms of the scratch being in the clear coat vs on the paint itself

one thing I caught with this stuff is it works a little better on brighter colored cars. When used on my car a quick apply and buff will remove those small scratches. I used it on my door handle and it did it's job really well. I took it and applied some on my cousin's (gunmetal?) colored galant and results weren't so great. Why it's this way I'm not even sure myself :(