The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g overview.

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Experienced TGC Member

7g overview.

For those of you 7g owners that want a little more speed to your car for a budget this is what i HIGLY recommend that you do. Grab a dremel tool. Get a nice good kit with like 256 pieces from harborfrieght tool or some place. Find a good used head and just grind all of the cast marks and blemishes in both the intake and exhaust side and polish the exhaust side. Second thing you do is do the 5 speed swap(if you havent already). For the tranny.. I got a decent clutch/flywheel combo kit of of ebay. The flywhel is 11.6 lbs. Last but not least DEFINATELY do the 60mm tb with a decent CAI.

Overview:

I had an old head laying around so one day i got some advice from a buddy of mine on how to "port" my head.. Went home got some dremmel accessories and just ground the fuck out of the head. Not too much. Not to little. This is DEFINATELY a must do DIY project. Easy, EXTREMELY CHEAP just time consuming. I estimated over 50 hours and about 3 weeks working little by little but.. in the end.. I saved money on labor. On to the 60mm TB I did the swap.. Put the 7g IAC on the 1g TB and its done. For the intake.. Its just an ebay intake kit that i modified. Balance shaft delete is a must.. And to be honest.. you cant feel the vibration when it removed.. So 40 bucks for a few hp and less to worry about breaking.. WELL WORTH IT. Lightweight flywheel is pretty much the best thing i did for this car other than rebuild it.. Revs so much fucking faster its not funny.

Results:

So i get the swap done.. Put it all back together and put a few hundred miles in the car.. So tonight i go riding around just to shoot the shit.. Have fun... And see what my car can do. Mind you i HAVENT floored it all the way.. 1/2-3/4 way the most cause im scared hahaha... Anyways back to the story.. With the money i have in EVERYTHING i jsut did to my car came out to be like 1300 bucks for the 5 speed swap and motor rebuild and other misc parts. Just put it this way... Its unexplainable... I cant even sit here and tell you how much faster this car is. All i can say is that with 215 series tires and NOT EVEN revving when i launch.. Just half throttle from a roll i cant keep the tires from spinning... The intake sounds so good i want to cream myself just hearing it at about 3k. Sad thing is.. I dont really know what this car is capable of.. I still have the super duper restricted exhaust manifold and exahaust pipes.. Seeing that i did mods to it for more airflow it isnt using its full potential because the exhaust is restricting it.. Hell even if the exhaust doesnt do shit im still more than happy with the performance of my car. Anyways i figured id give a review and tell you guys how much more happy i am with my galant. If any of you guys want to tackle the task of porting your head and you need advice and not a FULL explination on what to do (cause it would take me 8 hours to type all the shit i need to tell u) Just PM me and ill help u out the best i can.

7G FOREVER!!!
    Johnas

wow awesome review...too bad i already knew about it hahah just fuckin with you...im following your way dude...N?A all the way!! hahah good luck with it HOLLAAAAA

all that makes a difference dont it?
    i port matched my head and im working on porting the DOHC head that i havent installed yet. helps a lot

ya i was thinking about buying a junk head and rebuilding it, then porting it out. i have turbo so it should help with the flow alot. good luck with ur 7g, and good job so far.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

nice write up and awesome review. :smt023
    7G SOHC 5SPD

do u have any pics so i can see wat u mean

I got a stage3 port and polish on my 94 sohc head.Got a while back from DarkEnhancement out of Florida a year or so not yet installed.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Quote Originally Posted by dingo
    do u have any pics so i can see wat u mean
    Word, n00bs like me know nothing without pics. And you can never have too many pics. :P

as soon as I get a new cam pics will be posted.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Cool review and its nice to see that you are enjoying the work you put into the car.

One thing about Mitsu motors...they respond well to simple mods if done right. Obvisously that you ported out the intake and exhaust....your motor is able to breath better and take in more air and more power is the result.

I envy you guys enjoying your running 7g's....makes me surely miss driving mine.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    I envy you guys enjoying your running 7g's....makes me surely miss driving mine.
    just cause they are running doesn't make them enjoyable :cry:

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

ha, i remember back when my car was down for the swap for 8 months.
    i used to get in it hold the wheel and ran the shifter through the gears while working the pedals.......
    all while making turbo noises lol!!!!!!

i even made my girlfriend get in the car with me in the dark garage and play her role in my imaginary turbo galant adventures.

even just sitting in it and smelling that gs smell.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    ha, i remember back when my car was down for the swap for 8 months.
    i used to get in it hold the wheel and ran the shifter through the gears while working the pedals.......
    glad im not the only one who did that...
    my car was down for 3 while i swapped motors