The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g tire problem

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

8g tire problem

The back tires on every sit i get wears down on the inside really bad, any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Have you adjusted the camber in the rear? Usually that's the cause of tires wearing on the inside.
    ~Lady Driven~

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Oh yeah, if you lowered your car, most likely the camber is off. One way that you can tell if the camber is off besides going in and getting an alignment is to eyeball it. Look at your rear tires at different angles and see if they lean in towards the car at all. They could lean a little bit or they could have a very noticeable lean. Best bet is to get an alignment check to see if your camber is off
    ~Lady Driven~

yea the wheels lean in alot! You got any idea on the price for a alighnment?

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badmitsu
    yea the wheels lean in alot! You got any idea on the price for a alighnment?
    alignment is like $80. the camber kit you can go to hope depot and get it for cheap.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Mine does the same, also too with some cupping. Its time to get my struts replaced. Especially with 120K and 6 years old. Its time for some new KYB's
    The Boss always will Remain Shining!!