The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: alternater problems!!!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

alternater problems!!!

Went to pep boys to get it checked here's what the test shows...

Battery test:
    Volt 12.30v
    Measured 543 cca
    Rating 720 cca

It says battery is good but the state of charge is low check for proper charging system output for excessive key off electrical draw

Starter test:
    Cranking normal
    Avg volt 10.73v
    Crank time 312ms

Charging system:
    No voltage
    Inl: low
    Rnl: low
    Ild: low
    Rld: low

Pep boys is charging me 260 for an oem alternater + 100 bucks in labor I'm juss looking for more info on my situation and what I can do to fix it my alarm won't turn on my deck and amps won't turn on headlights, windows, taillights, cluster still works all fuses on amp deck are still good didn't check the oness in the engine or inside the car yet...

I'm also stuck on getting an HO alternater or a cap for the system ever since I instaled a 2nd amp and a 10in flip down sound qualty kept fading in and out so what I did was took another powere wire direct from the bat for the screen... long story short that wire touch the metal on the inside behind where the deck would be..
    Draind the bat car would die in neutral or 1000 rpms optima bat still under warrenty got a new one and the car would still die so I think my problem is far beyond juss an alternater... can anyone help me or can give any suggestions?
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

Does your charge light come on when the car was running? And is your battery dead now?
    The Boss always will Remain Shining!!

Quote Originally Posted by TederickR
    Does your charge light come on when the car was running? And is your battery dead now?
    yes and no the bat was replaced with a new one...

could i also have an electrical problem?

first off, try to use complete sentences.
    second, you can probably get a high output alternator off ebay for cheaper than 250 and install it yourself, i don't THINK its that hard to do. Thats all the advice i can give you since i didnt understand anything else you said.

Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    Quote Originally Posted by TederickR
    yes and no the bat was replaced with a new one...
    Make sure the connection to the alternator is firm, and not melted or anything like that. And then, make sure that the belt is good and snug. And if all of those are fine, just go ahead and replace the alt.
    The Boss always will Remain Shining!!