The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WHere is the keyless reciever module on the 8g's?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

WHere is the keyless reciever module on the 8g's?

I just found out while buying parts for the 8g that it came with keyless entry from the factory. We never got the key fobs when we bought the car and the previous owner was a theiving idiot, he didn't inform us.

Where is the keyless entry reciever module located in the 8g's? I want to make sure its there before I buy a couple of key fobs.

Thanks
    8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

call the dealer with your VIN, they could tell you if it's got it or not...that's how I found out...

It's built into the etacs ecu. which is built into the back of the fuse box. If you look at the back of the fuse box, it has a sticker that will tell you what features the etacs is loaded with. BTW as long as you don't have a DE then keyless is standard.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

Thank you gentlemen! I had my friend at Mitsu run the VIN and the car did come with keyless. I just wanted to make sure if the reciever module was still there...because the previous owner did not tell us some stuff about the 8g before me and my g/f bought the car.

is anyone else having a hard time getting their horn to chirp? i am with my keyless

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdipier2
    is anyone else having a hard time getting their horn to chirp? i am with my keyless
    Try this:
    -Press and hold the lock button on the remote for about 7 seconds (atleast between 5-10 seconds)

-While pressing the lock button, press the unlock button

-Release both buttons
    ~Lady Driven~

Divinity,
    Are those the steps to relearn or program the remotes?

thats the process to get the horn to chirp when u press the lock button.

but kevin, you said u had a friend at mitsu? get him to run the vin again and get the FCC Id's for the key fobs to make sure you get the proper ones.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I wish I could get my lights to flash. I did that step, and nothing happened. The lock button on my remote will lock, but not the unlock button. Oh well, I guess I'll figure something out.
    The Boss always will Remain Shining!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    Thank you gentlemen! I had my friend at Mitsu run the VIN and the car did come with keyless. I just wanted to make sure if the reciever module was still there...because the previous owner did not tell us some stuff about the 8g before me and my g/f bought the car.
    also if you dont have a keyhole on your trunk you have factory keyless. just dont pay the dealer to "program" the remote for you. it is way easy and takes less than a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by anticon
    also if you dont have a keyhole on your trunk you have factory keyless. just dont pay the dealer to "program" the remote for you. it is way easy and takes less than a minute.
    yeah, i just bought two last week and got them both programmed in less than 2 minutes. Thanks to the tutorial 8) Can't believe how much they charge for that for as simple as it is...

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TederickR
    I wish I could get my lights to flash. I did that step, and nothing happened. The lock button on my remote will lock, but not the unlock button. Oh well, I guess I'll figure something out.
    To get the lights to flash I believe it's the opposite. Press and hold the unlock button for 5-10 seconds, while pressing the unlock button, press and hold the lock button, then release both buttons at the same time.

Press and hold the unlock = flash lights
    Press and hold the lock = horn chirp

At least it worked for me.
    ~Lady Driven~

Quote Originally Posted by 00GalantMan

yeah, i just bought two last week and got them both programmed in less than 2 minutes. Thanks to the tutorial 8) Can't believe how much they charge for that for as simple as it is...
    Wheres the tutorial for programming the fobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    Try this:
    -Press and hold the lock button on the remote for about 7 seconds (atleast between 5-10 seconds)

-While pressing the lock button, press the unlock button

-Release both buttons
    ive tried and tried and no luck. maybe something is wrong with it. did u do it with the door open or closed?

Alright..got the the keyless to work.

Just wondering while programming the key fobs...if the car has the "Panic" feature will the panic buttons automatically get programmed?

I tried that programming the horn to go off when you hit the keyless Divinity and it didnt work for me.

^^well atleast im not the only one. i think there might be something wrong with my chirp feature thats why i cant get it to work