The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Got Bored and Took Some Pics Today

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    TGC Regular

Got Bored and Took Some Pics Today

1) My Explorer I'm trying to sell. Took the carpc out since It's for sale right now. The money was going toward my diesel fund but I scrapped the idea and decided to get another Galant again instead 8)

2) My 6g sitting by the shed. She hasn't ran for ages but can't imagine parting with her. My dad says I should just fix it instead of buying a different Galant but I think its too much work. He said I should just junk it then because he doesn't want it sitting around but I can't sell her. She was my first car. I love my old G even if she will never be on the road again. Track car? :P

3) My old Neon. Yes, yes I drove a Neon for a bit. Less than a year actually then my sis bought it from me. I bitched about it all the time but now I realize wasn't actually that bad of a car. The CAI sounded nice 8)

4) My cat :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    PGD! PGD! PGD!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Nice Pussy..........

cat. You dirty minded people

TGC Regular
    ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    Nice Pussy..........cat. You dirty minded people
    nah, it's not shaved, those are the coolest

how much for the old 6g?
    i need a dd

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    dang!! you got a pussy!?!?!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by frag_daddy_2007
    how much for the old 6g?
    i need a dd
    Sorry, can't bear to sell her. First car/first G 8)

I've had her since I was 16. Most people get rid of their first car but I want to be one of the few that actually keep it.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    fix the 6G and put the pussy away.....
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Your being mean to your 6g, just letting it sit and rust when someone else could be putting money into her!

And where are the pics of the Altima!
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    And where are the pics of the Altima!
    I have her at the shop right now. I actually gotta go work on her in like 20 min 8)

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Its sad to see that 6g there. You could fix it up..but its going to be some work.

Though if you part it out..the Galant VR4 guys would vulture it. Alot of the interior and exterior parts are gem pieces to us. 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    Its sad to see that 6g there. You could fix it up..but its going to be some work.
    It's one of those things I would like to do but don't have the time or money to invest in such a large project. I mean, eventually when I'm done with college and making good money, I'll just pay to have it all taken care of at a shop even though monetarily it would not be worth it. It's not like I plan to let her sit for thirty years but I think she can hold out for awhile yet. She is patient with me.

She treated me good and I'll be sure to return the favor one of these days. I'm just not sure exactly when.

why did it die? have u done any maintenence on it to prevent further rust?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted
    why did it die? have u done any maintenence on it to prevent further rust?
    That is the sad part of the story. I hate to admit but I did sell it at one point. I felt so bad about it though that I went and bought it back from my friend. Unfortunately he had fucked the motor up somehow. Now around the same time I bought a white 6g that needed at tranny. Well my dad wanted to buy it from me for my sister to use so he managed to convince me to take my tranny too. The situation worked out anyway though because I just had the crappy sohc engine in there and that needed to go anyway and now the tranny is all ready out so thats one less thing to do for a 5spd swap. There was just no way I was putting anymore money into that engine. It was a terrible engine.

As for rust treatment, I don't know what should I do? I really should clean out the shed at least and park it there.

jack up the car and get it off the grass......work on it slowly, pull the engine, clean up all wiring etc, find a 1g 4g63t, they are a dime a dozen and revive her....search local forums, junkyards, dsmtuner etc for parts and get that car back on the road, the int looks clean and there is no reason why a 6g should be sitting in grass rotting away