The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: We doing a kit from Norcal?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 116
    TGC Regular

We doing a kit from Norcal?

Just wanted to know if we were still going forwards with the plans to have Norcal Performance fabricate a body kit for us? Since they did extend us the offer, and they are working of getting us hoods and intake manifolds and the moment. I need to know if we were going to show a serious effort on #1 agreeing on a kit to be made and #2 getting 10 people with the cash to actually buy the kit, to actually get the thing made. If not I'd like to know soon so I can start making other arrangements since I'd like to get a kit made or adapted to my car within the next 2 months. I had posted a link to a company who has fabrication shops in Kentucky and Utah, who expressed a similar interest in producing a kit for us, with similar terms. So if there is real interests in getting Norcal to make us a kit, I'm thinking of re-establishing contact with Fusion Imports to perhaps get a kit into production. So please let me know what are the plans of those who are seriously interested in getting something produced so I'll know how to proceed from here. Thanks fellas.

BlaqueOut
    If they make one, and the design is pretty good Ill be on it. Also are they going to make a wing to go with the kit?? And whats the price range for kits through those companies?

Senior TGC Member
    Thing is we are known for falling through...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thing is we are known for falling through...</div>

Not us but the companies....

Good thing Norcal Performance isn't known for that...they are a great company and MANY great things have and will come from them and their support of our Galants!!

Norcal Performance
    I can promise you guys that if I can get 10 peple to confirm to order a kit then we can get it made. Like we said we can do anykit but I need 10 people to confirm to 2 things. 1 thing is to buy the kit and the other is for all 10 to agree to a design. This kit is up to you guys. What I propose is that some of you that are good a photoshop to starting doing kits on there cars and have everybody do a vote of somekind. Thisway everybody gets the kit they want. So it is up to you guys to make this happen. I can get you the kit I just need the demand.

Cliff

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlaqueOut)</div><div class='quotemain'>If they make one, and the design is pretty good Ill be on it. Also are they going to make a wing to go with the kit?? And whats the price range for kits through those companies?</div>

Well I haven't heard anything about making a matching wing for any kit that they might produce, but I'm sure that would be a possible if we showed enough interest in one. But as far as the "design" of the kit, they left that up to the decision of the club, and for "us" to come up with something that we would like to see. As for the price, they said the the initial 10 people who purchased the kit, would get it for $900 and all others after that would pay around $1000, which is seems to be standard from all the companies that have extended similar offers in the past. And what I don't want to see happen once again, is this chance gets passed up because we can't get 10 intial people with the cash and agree on one design for a kit. I think this is the best time to at least get some photoshopped or hand-sketched concepts to submit to Norcal this month. And since most of us will have some "extra" money coming back, due to tax refunds, we will have people available fund to actually do something.

BlaqueOut
    Well right now imma poor college student so I need time to save. Don't count me in at all. If they put a good one into production, I'll just have to suck up buying it at the regular price. Sorry yall.

Will this kit be made out of fiberglass or urathane.

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Sup Peeps,

Just flying threw the web trying to find a body kit for Norcal Performance to make for us. Im trying to get a body kit before April. Well here are some cool body kit I seen that would might look good on our galants.

I'd like to see this lip spoiler made. Something simple and clean.
    Anyone else besides me?

I guess your not trying to change the look of your car. If you put that lip kit on your car no ones going to notice a difference in your car unless they stare at it. I want people to see my car with one glance and notice a hot body kit on it, not just some simple lip kit or that Vr-4 Bumper. There really isnt a big difference in my opinion when u put those on.

You're right...I'm <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>not</span> trying to change the look of my car, I love my car the way it looks. If there's a Galant owner out, they will definitly notice, I can almost guarantee that most TGC members will notice if they came accross something like that....Nice, clean, simple and yet subtle...

Nothing wrong with the xtreme body kit, just not my taste.

I just realized something..If for some miraculous reason, we do get 10 people for...lets say the lip spoiler...the 99-01 and the 02-03 have different bumper. And we get some of each, would you guys at Norcal still be able to produce the lip. The bumpers are different, so the lip design would have to be slightly different, right?

How's that gonna happen?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlawzcc

Jason
    They say the kit is supposed to be fiberglass.(Oh by the way, can you swing by the performance section and answer my post about the progress on the axle-back exhaust? Weren't you involved in that production?)

Kenshin- Thanks for starting to look for kits you think would good on our rides and posting good, clear pics from different angles. This will help me to start "trying" to piece together a good concept kit. If others have some ideas or know of some sites with some good quality pics of kits from different angles, please post a link to those sites so I can get some ideas.

Pinoy- I really need your help on this since you've located 30+ kits. If you could post pics or links to the top 10, that you feel would be most liked by this club, that would help out alot. Or if you didn't want to post it here, could you send them to me in a PM?

I know the main problem we have on picking/designing a kit is not wanting it to be too subtle or too aggressive. That's why I want to want to get ideas from you guys so I can try to come up with a happy medium. Personally, I don't think sideskirts will be hard to choose due to we have 4 sets to pick from now that could be incorporated into the design of a new kit. These sideskirts being 1) Erebuni's #384 type 2) Erebuni's "new" shogun type..aka "Crux-type" 3) Intial V type...similar to the Crux and 4) the "standard type" which you've seen included with the Lip kit and also the JDM conversion kit from Ecarboy. So with these options for sides, 1/3 of the kit is complete. Primarily we just need to come up with or agree on front and rear bumpers. Personally, I think alot of people liked the "Audi-type" that was pictured on the old forum. But it seems like no one knows where that pic is. So if the member that orginally post it, could you please post it again or a link to it so we could get another look at it. I think a hybrid of that rear bumper along with Crux type rear bumper that was pictured here last month, would be a good idea. Which would only leave us with the most important piece to deal with...the front bumper. And here, I'll just list a couple of ideas I think would look good, based on the feed back that I have seen on these boards in the past couple if years that I've been on. I think that 1) the VIP type that Reelax posted 2)the Dolphin front 3) the Vogue front and 4) the Super VR-4 front all make good choices, even the bumper that was posted on the Lexus GS that a member posted recently would look good too. Even though most of the front bumper options I posted were originally "lip" add-ons for the JDM bumpers, if they were made in one unified bumper to bolt-on to the USDM Galant, I think they would make for a great looking kit. What you guys think?...(I know it's long, but I had to get it all in here)

Here are some examples I wouldn't mind seeing. I personally like the last two.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlawzcc

Jason
    They say the kit is supposed to be fiberglass.(Oh by the way, can you swing by the performance section and answer my post about the progress on the axle-back exhaust? Weren't you involved in that production?)
    I played a small part in that. Let me get with TJC and let him now you would like a update.

Back to topic: Would there be anyway we could get the kit made in urathaine (is that how you spell it).

Jason

yea u guys need to incorporate a grille with the kit or make some other knida grille to go along with the kit, just for the 02 owners...just somethign to think about when choosing the kit.

a lip kit is probably not gonna happen so try finding a full kit just because the difference of the 02. its gonna be hard enough to get 10 buyers to put down some kinda down payment, its gonna be harder to find 20

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

DOn First off to dragon300le There is already a lip spoiler and fill lip kit fot the Galant. if your interested I will send you a website to where you can buy them. They are here in the States.
    Outlaw I don't remember where it is exactly but I saw a pic of a Galant with a Blitz Kit on it. It was pretty hot. I think it may have been a photoshop but it was nice.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

CHEW ON THIS

CHeck this one out Guys Whatcha think? Just a suggestion
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

That looks pretty tight. If I am not mistaking though is that wide fenders I see in the back?

Jason

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast