The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: We doing a kit from Norcal?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 116
    Actuall from what I can tell where the grill used to be this is another mod entirely. The kit actually keeps the original grill. I have been noticing that people in Japan actually have manufactures produce grill replacments and other things as well.

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus

I like the whole rally foglights look a whole lot.. especially on the Legum in the second pic... But the first one is tight 2.. O yeah and that one BGR has posted.. But how are they going to make a mold of any of these kits, without one to start off with..hummm.. :?:
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemist aka Shane
    .. But how are they going to make a mold of any of these kits, without one to start off with..hummm.. :?:
    That's what I said (above).

Hey, did anyone else notice the projectors on the white legnum in this site:
    http://home9.highway.ne.jp/SAT/gallery.html

5th one down on the right.

*edit*
    Also, I'm really feelin' those dolphin front end on this site. (3rd down on on the right.)

I've got one love in my life. And my girlfriend's learned to live with it. Girlfriends come and go. Your ride is forever.

TGC Regular
    those are cibie projectors the price is preety high on them plus they dont come with lenses in the front...

the dolphin kit i used to be in love with i saw a pic of it on a jdm lant went lookin for it all over everyone told me it was a supeper vr4 then i finaly got a mail from someoen overseas telling me about the kit then when i saw it there i didnt realy like it that much and for the evo look thats a big :decline: the big fog's i say should go on actuall rally cars just my oppinion unless your gona be taking your car on mid night runs through the woods there's no point to it but hey to each their own
    - Atba

I said before if Norcal wants to take a stab at making Projector lights I have a set here in the shop taking up space in the corner. If enough people want them and Norcal is willing I will ship them to them.

As for the Kit. How about this. You take a regular "subtle". Then you make an additional Lip to i for a more aggressive tone. I know my friend has this Prelude and it has a kit already on it. But for Shows he ads an additional lip to it it's a pretty hot idea I think. that way you get the best of both worlds.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Norcal Performance
    Hey Lazarus, we are interested in doing a projector or JDM style headlight, once again it comes to demand.

If you like to ship them to us, then we'll see what we can do. I think a Galant w/ a body kit and projector lights would look incredible

I have a set of headlights coming next week. I plan on using the Astig's tutorial to create a set of projectors. If you haven't seen it, check it out here: http://home.attbi.com/~c.tangonan/galant/P...r_Tutorial.html

Hey Rich are you getting JDM or OEM?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

They're US headlights. I got them off ebay earlier in the week. I couldn't believe that no on bid on them. They were $39.95 each; two separate auctions, same person.

You lucky dog. I was about to pay 600 for some new ones from the dealer when I caught the guy selling some JDMs. That's shocking noone bid on them. But I will see what I can do to get these headlights odd I have alot of postal markings to get off.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Bro!!! $600 for some plain 'ol US headlights? It may be late but I posted this link a few times and they are going for $119 a piece (brand new) now. They are the 99-01 style. http://www.autopartstreet.com/lamps_catalog.jsp << then click continue, select Mitsubishi -> Galant

The guy selling the headlights said they have some minor rock chips but I don't care. They couldn't be any worse than what I have now and besides, I'm going to rip them apart.

It's kind of like when VegasMatt and I swapped grills. I gave him a brand new chrome grill for the black grill that is on now. He later tells me (at the Vegas Meet), "Yeah man, I have all the slats cut out...." I was thinking, "Man, if I'd know you were going to do that I would have given you my original grill that I painted the slats black, and the paint is now chipping. I could have used that new chrome grill for myself and swapped between black and chrome when the mood fit."

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BGR
    They're US headlights. I got them off ebay earlier in the week. I couldn't believe that no on bid on them. They were $39.95 each; two separate auctions, same person.
    Man BGR, you must have the blessing of the auto gods on your life!!!....lol That's an incredible deal for those parts, I've been looking for a price like that.

I'm glad I've gotten so many response to this thread, and gotten so many good ideas to choose from. And for those who asked about how the kit we like is going to get made without a kit to "mold" from, I think I can help you out with that answer.(And if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.) We companies ask what we would like to see as far as a kit, they usually ask if their is a current kit for another car that we would like to see "adapted" for our cars or if we want to design an "orginal" piece(s) just like Norcal has extended to us. If there is a kit that we wanted "adapted" this is much easier and cheaper to do, due to the company would just have to acquire the "exisiting" kit, break it up, attach it to the donor car, and make a mold of the pieces to produce for other cars of the same make and model. When an "original" kit is demanded, the company takes the sketches, designs, or photoshopped pics (whatever is submitted) and uses formable materials kit clay, foams, and other moldable material to create the desired looking part on the car or body part, and then use the same process as stated above to make a mold of the part for mass production. That's why companies usually require at least 10 pre-order to begin making a "special" kit, to cover their expenses of having all this "tool-up" cost covered so they don't loose any money. After this is a biz to make profit, not loose money. Hopes this answer your question about having a kit made with out actually have another one to mold off of. After all not "exisit" until the first on is made, is it?

Another thing to remember, since we are getting this kit made to our spec, that if there is a JDM kit you like but feel certain need to be changed to better fit our cars, it can more than likely be done. Such as, I've seen several people say they like a certain bumper looks, but feels it would stick out too far. Something like this could most likely me adjusted to meet our request.

Oh yea, thanks to Big Boi for posting that link, I've been lookin for that page for awhile. I like the ones he pointed out on that page. Also the kit pictured on the first level on the left. This is the kit I have previously refered to as "Reelax's VIP kit".

GTZ
    Big boi good find!

You and I pretty much have the same taste. The Dolphin Kit. lol

Johnny

Can we proceed with this. Is there not at least 1 kit that is posted in this thread that most people like?

For you guys that said that you've been waiting since the Yahoo days for a kit, post an example. Go to www.bodykitconcepts.com and link a picture back here or something. Don't just sit there and wait because as you can see, it ain't going to happen. The only reason I'm pushing this is so that their ain't no complaining.

Regardless, you'll need 10 people, so let's work on this people or just forget about.

TGC Regular
    guess ill post the old skyline one again

anychace someoen can photoshop this onto the 8g? i know there is one with a skyline kit out there but not the whole kit i mean the bumper meeting the hood and all
    - Atba

I think It's probably going to be close to looking like the Initial V.......IMO
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

TGC Regular
    ya it does somewhat resembles it but i think it looks a lot cleaner and with that audi back it wood look a lot better
    - Atba

Quote Originally Posted by BGR
    Can we proceed with this. Is there not at least 1 kit that is posted in this thread that most people like?

For you guys that said that you've been waiting since the Yahoo days for a kit, post an example. Go to www.bodykitconcepts.com and link a picture back here or something. Don't just sit there and wait because as you can see, it ain't going to happen. The only reason I'm pushing this is so that their ain't no complaining.

Regardless, you'll need 10 people, so let's work on this people or just forget about.
    I Agree, put my name down as interested in just this Lip Spoiler to start. I hope this doesn't get to messy with all sorts of votes.

1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

Finally...Thank you 99DE, another person that likes that same lip spoiler...Count me in for that one too..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast