The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Do you have stock injectors laying around? issues...

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Do you have stock injectors laying around? issues...

Hey guys...i used to post over on galantspeed all the time...i actually did one of the first 5 speed swaps over there....anyway i am haveing a part throttle miss issue and am about to pull out my hair!!! Here's what its doing..as i accelerate at anything under half throttle you can feel that the car is being held back on power..occasionally, as its accelerating you will feel it gain more power for a sec and then lose it again, then gain again etc..all of this until it hits around 3500 hundred or i give it more gas and it smooths out and runs fine...its especially bad with the a/c on..ok this is what ive replaced: plugs(went with Autolite 3924's..heard galants are funny about plugs..should i get NGK's?), plug wires, cap, rotor, mass air, intake pipe.....so with all of that said, i am going to look at the fuel side of things...im gonna change the fuel filter (which shouldnt cause this but it couldnt hurt)...now i am defintly considering an injector issue but thats a pretty big investment for that not to be it...does ANYONE have a set of stock injectors laying around that i could just try? im at my wits end here and need HELP!! thanks guys
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    i have 3 of them at home. i can get them to you for $45 shipped.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

like i said im not looking to put any money into them until i know thats it..if someone is close to Chattanooga Tn. and has some let me know
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64terror
    like i said im not looking to put any money into them until i know thats it..if someone is close to Chattanooga Tn. and has some let me know
    oh sorry.... you want them for free... its koo.

well its not that i "want them for free" per say...i want to try them in the car and if that is the problem then i will gladly buy them from whomever has em...i just dont wanna spend ANOTHER 50 bucks and that not fix it...oh and I stuck NGK's in it...didnt fix it
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

did you check your coil packs? is it shooting a code?

um its a 7g...it doesnt have coil packs...and no it isnt throwing a code or i woulda scanned it by now...im thinking its an injector, a vaccum leak, or the front 02 going bad but not throwing a code for some reason
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64terror
    um its a 7g...it doesnt have coil packs...and no it isnt throwing a code or i woulda scanned it by now...im thinking its an injector, a vaccum leak, or the front 02 going bad but not throwing a code for some reason
    damn... i do that a lot. not look if its a 7g or 8g... you've been pm'ed.

ya if u wanna pay for the shipping ill send em to ya, i got a spare set layin around. use them for as long as you want and send em back. pm me
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

well i feel stupid...turns out the timing was TOO LOW...ive never adjusted the timing on this car BUT the problem did show up after i had started putting the ignition parts on...anyway thanks for the responses..now should i start another thread about a turbo build up? i plan on doing a dirt cheap 14b combo..just trying to figure out what im gonna do for fuel...why again do people not just use FMU's?
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

i just finished my fuel system, it sucked. but i upgraded every component of the system. just get a good adjustable regulator and some bigger injectors
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

you know? i have this almost exact SAME problem.......i put a new distributor,ECM, a/f, plugs, whole NEW exaust system (had to remove the resonator now sounds like a rice POS) and i did check my timing but the timing light was a POS. My cat was 99% stopped up. mine still hesitates JUST like yours even with the quick power surges. I spent all this damn money when i could have gotten a set of 17 inch black wheels with tires for 160. GRRRRRR!!! Im gonna go buy a timing light and try again. Did yours feel like it had a big power loss when it shifted espically in the morning? BTW I used the "it couldnt hurt" line a LOT lol .