The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo Questions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Do your research and start out simple, don't go BIG right from the get go. Its good to learn first on a mild setup to familiarize yourself of a turbo car.

I was running 12 psi on my stock 4G64 in my 7g for a good 6 months and had no problems at all. The car pulled hard on highways and was fun to drive.

You should be able to use the stock Evo 8 manifold and turbo on the 8g 4G64's..they should bolt right up. Then you would have to fabricate the rest of the I/C piping and exhaust. Unless you get a kit that is 8g Galant specific then you are good to go...its just a matter if you are willing to tackle the install yourself or spend the extra cash and let a shop do it for you.

Good Luck.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Of course you are going to get smoked by a Supercharged v8 Cobra man, you have a slow stock 4cyl grocery getter!
    make sure you change that to a 6cyl grocery getter haha
    Quote Originally Posted by badmitsu
    99 v6, its a damn good motor
    for a whole new motor and shippin from japan will be more money then doing it yourself...so you say you dont no much about turbos but no about the engine swap...so what if something goes wrong and you dont no anything about turbos, what are you going to do...take it to a shop and spend more money for it to get checked at and fix if its even a good shop at that...do the homework man..there is no rush to get you car turboed....turbo is just like your career..you cant go into the work force withouth 12 years of school plus college years....so just take time and research about it...thats what im doing...9months with my car and i still searchin..also for the best quality that is...and there are plenty of fourms that have turbo set ups and even toturials....and for your car being a daily driver you really need to no whats going on with the turbo setup...good luck man...

thats right v6, thanks mitgalantes. I've had my car for two years, and don't get me wrong i've been doin my homework, if you think about it this is a lesson in itself!

just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt...your right this is a lesson in itself...everybodies input is a lesson to be learned

unless u just wanna be a big boy and get a v8 =P jp
    From 7g to this...

Shot with DSC-T33 at 2007-07-21
    13.1@109 02 WS6

i don't need a v8 to beat a v8, u feelin me!!

exactly..hell with the right mods the i4 can beat a v8...now you feeling me!! :D oh yeah and use less gas!

you ain't shittin, last time I checked mine i was gettin 31 mpg

haha thats why i wont go any high then a i4..had a v6 last year didnt mind it tho

what did u use to lower ur g? It looks really good.

haha i wish it was lowered...thats photoshopped...its the blueprints of my car...but D2's coilovers...

could you do that to a pic of mine?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitgalantes
    exactly..hell with the right mods the i4 can beat a v8...now you feeling me!! :D oh yeah and use less gas!
    Normal driving on a 4 cylinder will get better MPG's compared to a V8.

High power 4cyl (Turbo especially) thats on boost "majority" of the time will get the same MPG as a big V8.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

i dont have photoshop..but lkorty did it for me...post a request in the photoshop forum someone will be willin to do it for you..and if u just wana see it lowered its not that time consumin they shoudl do it for you...

but look how much money u would have to put into ur car to even keep up, and i get about 28-30 mpg
    From 7g to this...

13.1@109 02 WS6

a nice turbo againsnt any v8 will give it a run for its money...not too much to keep up..the only diff is see is the your pontiac emblem and my galant emblem :D

lol it would have to be running a pretty big turbo
    From 7g to this...

13.1@109 02 WS6

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    WS6s arent THAT fast, stock they are rated @ 13.4 in the 1/4. Anywho back on topic foolios!
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    WS6s arent THAT fast, stock they are rated @ 13.4 in the 1/4. Anywho back on topic foolios!
    actually there have been plenty of ppl who have ran 12.9 bone stock, most ppl just dont know how to control it off the line, ls1's can beat most, not all, but most cars on the road. Plus, slap on some minor mods and ur easily in the mid 12's
    From 7g to this...

13.1@109 02 WS6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast