The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need Help...Please!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Need Help...Please!

I have some technical difficulties with my Fuel Pump....

The problem usually reveals itself the most in the winter time...it happens when i accelerate my galant by flooring the acceleration to the full...the galant accelerates to about 4000-4500 RPM and does not go any further...therefore the car does not accelerate and stays at the same speed until i shift to a higher gear...later on the same thing happens in all gears... :(

I took to the certified mitsubishi service center...and they told me that the High Pressure Fuel Pump is busted and needs replacement to a new one...which costs around 1600-2000 US Dollars!!!! Thats Mad Pricing!!! :shock:

My question is: Could be there any other problem that causes this...or is there any other way i can service this pump or replace to a less expensive or to some extent put a sports fuel pump instead??

I would really...really... appreciate your help...by sending me detailed tutorials...vendors...or online links that can guide me to the solution of this problem...

i own a:
    1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR-G GDi
    1.8L, 4 Cylender DOCH Engine
    Automatic (Tiptronic 4-Speed) Transmission
    Chassis Number: EA1A
    Imported From JAPAN.

Please Help!!!

Thank you very much...

Sergio
    [email protected]

Need Help!

I have some technical difficulties with my Fuel Pump....

The problem usually reveals itself the most in the winter time...it happens when i accelerate my galant by flooring the acceleration to the full...the galant accelerates to about 4000-4500 RPM and does not go any further...therefore the car does not accelerate and stays at the same speed until i shift to a higher gear...later on the same thing happens in all gears...

I took to the certified mitsubishi service center...and they told me that the High Pressure Fuel Pump is busted and needs replacement to a new one...which costs around 1600-2000 US Dollars!!!! Thats Mad Pricing!!!

My question is: Could be there any other problem that causes this...or is there any other way i can service this pump or replace to a less expensive or to some extent put a sports fuel pump instead??

I would really...really... appreciate your help...by sending me detailed tutorials...vendors...or online links that can guide me to the solution of this problem...

i own a:
    1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR-G GDi
    1.8L, 4 Cylender DOCH Engine
    Automatic (Tiptronic 4-Speed) Transmission
    Chassis Number: EA1A
    Imported From JAPAN.

Please Help!!!

Thank you very much...

Sergio
    [email protected]

Jnelson

Fuel pump

I own a 2003 galant Viento 4G94 GDI. I experienced the same problem with my car and after much troubleshooting I had the fuel pump and fuel injectors cleaned and this totally eliminated the problem.

change your plugs, dirty old plugs can cause similar symptoms

4g94 high pressure regulator

Quote Originally Posted by Jnelson View Post
    I own a 2003 galant Viento 4G94 GDI. I experienced the same problem with my car and after much troubleshooting I had the fuel pump and fuel injectors cleaned and this totally eliminated the problem.
    how did u clean the pump i thought it was impossible to open the diagnostic computer tells me it is fluid presure sensor is that the same as the high pressure fuel pump.please help me becos i have bought 2 used pumps in 2 wks and still having problems

how did u clean the pump i thought it was impossible to open the diagnostic computer tells me it is fluid presure sensor is that the same as the high pressure fuel pump.please help me becos i have bought 2 used pumps in 2 wks and still having problems
    grego is online now Add to grego's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message