The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Coolant leak question

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Coolant leak question

I found a pretty substancial coolant leak from the upper rear and in the middle of the engine. Is this indeed a coolant leak (i am pretty sure it is)? I really need to know what size coolant hose i need to buy for a replacement. Searched and couldn't find anything, thanks in advance.

here is a picture of the hose, it is the hose that has the visable clip and is at the bottom of the photo, the pink/orange stuff is the leak

[/img]

what color coolant are you using? is it the pink/orange stuff? or is it the typical green?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

opened the radiator cap and it is the pink/orange stuff

is that hose the 'expansion tank hose'? that would mean it is 7mm. i've been looking at autoparts sites and that is the closest thing i could find.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Thats on the throttle body correct? It doesnt look like its quite pushed on all the way. Take a set of pliers and compress the clamp, push the hose on farther and clamp it back down.

4cyl correct?
    7g for life!

yes it is on the tb, and yes a 4cyl

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Mitsu part numbers for the two coolant hoses on the tb:

$6.42 MD350639 TB Coolant Feed
    $4.46 MD354405 TB Coolant Return

You can get the hoses online or at your dealer.

https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html

7g for life!

that should do it, thanks man

i suggest you spend another dollar or so more and get some new hose clamps while you have the hose out.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    i suggest you spend another dollar or so more and get some new hose clamps while you have the hose out.
    what do you guys recommend based on experience? screw down clamps or tension.

i heard snake/screw style so i put those on but i went a bit too hard and it dug into the hose some, i left it that way and it's been fine.
    2003 ES 2.4L - 150k - Stock
    tranny flush, timing belt, tensioner replacement at 80k

i usually just get some worm drive hose clamps

if im workign with a project that requires me to check or remove the hoses, i usually just pick up a pack of those while im at the auto parts store.

for the most part, they work and i haven't had any problems with them for them small hoses so no real need to spend and arm and a leg and days searching for some fancy hose clamps