The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: which color for paintjob?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • baby blue (picture 1)

6 46.15%
  • dark blue silver (picture 2)

5 38.46%
  • red (picture 3)

2 15.38%

Thread: customizing my 8g (trunk on hold)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Showing results 181 to 192 of 192
    Quote Originally Posted by bellefontaine187
    those are kinda iffy man, i think theyed look alright on a car with a really agressive body kit bot not on our galants, but the brand is good. sportmax makes really good wheels, they wont crack on you either. they make alot of cool smaller size wheels like 15's and 16's for the small compact cars, but they have other stuff in larger sizes too. you can get a nice ass set of wheels and tires in 17's or 18's for less than 600 bucks bro. ill look around for ya.
    sportmax are good? sportmax are made by primax. primax = ewww.

HAHAHA I am laughing so hard about what nycking23 wrote on here!!

i like the sportmax designs. they look decent. i know a few people who have them too and they are durable. nothing i would put on my car personally. i got tsw's. but i see the sportmax rimsin magazines n shit and i like the ones they make for the smaller sizes. they look good. i didnt know they were made by primax. whut are they like a sub company or somthing?
    2001 es v6

Quote Originally Posted by bellefontaine187
    i like the sportmax designs. they look decent. i know a few people who have them too and they are durable. nothing i would put on my car personally. i got tsw's. but i see the sportmax rimsin magazines n shit and i like the ones they make for the smaller sizes. they look good. i didnt know they were made by primax. whut are they like a sub company or somthing?
    cheap wheels are cheap wheels. you get what u pay for.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    customizing my trunk is on hold need more time to plan/get the right things i need and the money for it hopefully one day my trunk will have subs in it altho too much base can get anoying so hopefully theres a way to have them off sometimes too

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    customizing my trunk is on hold need more time to plan/get the right things i need and the money for it hopefully one day my trunk will have subs in it altho too much base can get anoying so hopefully theres a way to have them off sometimes too
    to turn off/down bass at any time w/o affecting your component levels, have a cut-off switch wired to your sub amp turn on lead (blue wire) or have a remote dial for your sub amp section (some amps have a connection for this). simple.. had it on my SUV w/ 15" cerwins back in the day... instant bump disable (for when u get pulled over: even if you turn the volume on full blast in front of the officer, the bass will not hit at all once you have switched the amps off).

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    to turn off/down bass at any time w/o affecting your component levels, have a cut-off switch wired to your sub amp turn on lead (blue wire) or have a remote dial for your sub amp section (some amps have a connection for this). simple.. had it on my SUV w/ 15" cerwins back in the day... instant bump disable (for when u get pulled over: even if you turn the volume on full blast in front of the officer, the bass will not hit at all once you have switched the amps off).
    i heard it is point less cause i heard the power of ur AMP will still be on and its not recomended

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    ok so the power is on? and.....it would be on if it was bumping also, its just like turning the volume down on your radio, theres an amp built into that in most cases doesnt turn the unit off...and if you do as reelax said as far as hooking a toggle switch to the remote wire that would actually be turning off the amp completely

Quote Originally Posted by PimpCode323
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    i heard it is point less cause i heard the power of ur AMP will still be on and its not recomended
    huh? you heard? I actually have personal experience since I ran this setup, i'm not giving you second hand information. who did you hear it from? lemme get this straight, you heard that even if the remote turn on wire is not seeing power (the switch would cut the power by openning the circuit) the amp would still be on? that's only if you were running speaker level inputs and the amp was set to switch on signal (in that case you wouldn't even need to run a remote turn on wire)... but that is an awful way to hook up an amp. if your running a setup like that, you wouldn't need to have a cut-out switch because your bass would not hit very hard in the first place.

well school has started and this puts me behind ALOT with what i wanted to do, i have to draw up some new plans of the trunk too incase i deside to go with a system in the future, need room for that and i need money for insurance so thats a must above the new rims, altho if i could just sell my old rims that would be so much easier dam budget to work with

two new problems have come up that need to be dealt with before money is used on what i really want

1: heat problem
    2: vibration problem in the steeringwheel
    oh and insurance is due this month :shock: i dont pay monthly

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910