The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: which color for paintjob?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • baby blue (picture 1)

6 46.15%
  • dark blue silver (picture 2)

5 38.46%
  • red (picture 3)

2 15.38%

Thread: customizing my 8g (trunk on hold)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 192
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    my paint is pretty expensive, and i think you should go with a color that noone ha if you want to repaint it custom not copy off someone...look around at other cars and thier colors find one that you like a lot not just from g's that people have custom painted

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i kno, im using that as an around this color, it will be custom

baby blue is something i was going for, but i need to find one that is different

only a few more days on the poll, baby blue seems to be the popular so far, and the one i was leaning towards

get rid of your blue tint.....it wont go with anything but blue. maybe the baby blue you are considering but i dont think blue tints would go good with anything else. what made you decide to go with blue tint? on a beige car? black tints wouldve been better. black and beige/gold go good together. beige/ gold isnt a bad color if you really look at it. its not my favorite but ive seen some cool looking gold/ beige cars. a good paint job is going to cost a gripp bro. if youre planning on a 300 dollar maaco job you pobly wont be happy with it. a good paint job can run anywhere from $500-$5000. paint would be the last thing i'd be thinkin about. but thats just me. id lower it first man. once your car is sitting right man youre going to see it in a totally diffrent way. you may not even want to paint it a diffrent color. get rid of that nasty front wheel gap that all of our cars once had at some point. lower your shit bro.lol then paint your car baby blue...lolyou just got done painting your interior black didnt you?. i think the beige/gold and black combo looks sick. ever think about getting some black rims? it would look hott with the gold /beige paint you already have. plus black rims go good with any color really. i wish i had gotton black rims but im still happy with what i have cus they are sick wheels. but i like what you have man..work with it. one thing at a time. ive seen all your recent posts and youre going from paint to spoiler, to body/lip, to wheels/ id loose the blue tints but if you like them alot then keep them. i just dont think blue and gold go good together. but i wouldnt paint my car and change the color of my car to match my tints. id change the color of my tints to match my car....feel me?
    2001 es v6

thanks for that, i have been posting quite a bit bcuz idn what the next step i want to take is, i have no tools to lower the car so thats out of the question for now becuz im not paying a shop to do it yes i want my car lowered but have speed bumps and they are pretty big in the condos i live at and as for the tint i did that my self it was hard so im going to keep it blue bcuz i really like the blue it adds my own customization instead of going black like everyone else i have no clue what my next step is, one thing i know for sure is to sell my 18" rims and get some brand new rims becuz people rip you off for shit that they dont want

so this weekend (thursday night - sunday) some customization is going to happen, need some ideas that DONT involve buying something to wait for it to ship, anything cheap i can go buy will be good enough to try out

heres the start of the list:
    clear corners - free :D

name more and ill add then

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    go to autozone and load up on the the apc stuff they have, and put it all on

apc?

okay so ontop of doing the clear corner, im starting to customize my trunk, dont know how its going to look but im doing this from scratch and no system

just cleared corners today, man was it a pain in the ass at first until it broke and then it was easy used some wire cutters to cut the pieces to pull out and looks good, no pics yet havnt had time but i need to get those silver bulbs because yellow makes it look like shit

was quick, easy, and fun over all

quote ''so this weekend (thursday night - sunday) some customization is going to happen, need some ideas that DONT involve buying something to wait for it to ship, anything cheap i can go buy will be good enough to try out.''

seriosly dude, youre going to make your car look like shit. ''anything cheap i can go and buy will be good enough to try out'' why? why do you want to do all this cheap stuff to your car man? i dont understand what youre trying to do. and oh yeah, when that kid told you to go to autozone and load up on all the ''apc'' stuff they have he was basicly telling you that buying cheapparts that you dont need to wait for shipping and dont cost barely anyting will make you car look like a piece of crap.''apc'' is an aftermarket company that sells cheap, cheasy, very poor quality parts for cars. ''APC'' thrives off of young kids like yourself looking for ''anything cheap they can go and buy thats good enough''. if you like cheap things that fallapart and look terrible than yeah, go to autozone and load up on all the ''apc'' stuff in their catlogue. companies like apc, streetglow, pilot, and basicly anything you can get for ''cheap'' make shit. apc stands for ''american parts company'' but most poeple say it stands for ''american peice of crap''. you're going backwards with these mods you want to do. and you say your issue is money. well you add up all these cheap accessories you buy over time and they add up to some seriouse cash. i know you are young and i know you are new. but being young and new to cars doesent mean you cant have good taste bro. the reason why people keep messing with you and saying shit like ''go to autozone load up on apc '' or put all kinds of stickers on your car and get the hugest wing and stuff like that is cus of the things you ask. when you come ont a forum and ask questions like ''can sombody help me with my car, i dont want to spend money or pay someone to install but i dont know how to work on my car and i want to know about all the things i can do to it, so what are the cheapest parts i can get that i can just go and buy at a store?'' in 2 years you are going to add up all the money youve spent and say, ''man i wish i didnt do that'' what was i thinking. i can honestly say that neon light would be cool, but not on a stock galant that is biege/gold. maybe one with an extremly aggressive body kit that is built for shows only... but your car is a ''daily driver'' meaning you drive it everyday. the calipers paint is cool and the tint is cool. just blue doesnt look good on beige and your interior is black now so the tint defintaly clashes with it. but whatever you like it. but i never justify something no matter how much time was spent dooing it or how much money it cost to do it. if it looks baad then it looks bad and it must go. im not knoccking you man. im just trying to save you from yourself..lol. why not work with what you got? just because you can do somthing to a car doesnt mean you should. and adding all kinds of parts to your car doesnt make it better in alot of cases, it justs makes it difrent.
    2001 es v6

that is all true, but when i made the comment about the cheap stuff its for my trunk, im not good on the artistic end, but im trying to create something new. something that no one has (which means yes a system) i bought some cheap fabric at a store going out and im going to design something. my problem is i know what i want it to look like but it wont come out that way bcuz i need to have more of the artistic ability, and i wouldnt go load up on apc. the only thing i bought today was new tail light bulbs to replace mine. anyways i happen to think the blue tints look good and so does other people i know everyone has their own opinions but still. im trying to go with a really different look then most people using ideas from other people. i know it sounds like this isnt going to look good or my car is going to look like shit but i have a feel some people will and some wont like it. like everything that we all do, im only doing the cheap mods in the mean time of saving for the lowering kits. that is one mod that i really want to do but id rather get new rims for it. yes i have 18" but theres a story behind those. once i get rid of them ill get the new rims i understand what your saying and im not bashing you at all for what you said, your one of the first people to accually give real advice but i think youll understand more once im finished with the trunk and ill even send you the pictures first so that you understand first for giving me some of the best advice basically, thanks

i have blue tint but then again i have a silver car. i don't know how blue tint and a beige car would look good, they are not complimentary colors. here are pics of my car when i t was '99 minden pearl siver and now with MBZ diamond silver:

2000 minden silver pearl (mitsu OE)

2006 daimond silver (mercedes 2005+)

looks pretty good

its cool, bro.i didnt know you was talking about doing your trunk. i thought u was talking about parts.lol i was just trying to keep people from saying ignorant shit to you likw when that kid told you to goto autozone and load up on apc parts. just looking out for you 'lil homie.
    2001 es v6

yea, np, thanks for the look out :) but it wasnt clear that it was for my trunk, basically im doing a black/gold theme making a few things one i get the rite parts ill update you once i get more supplies and stuff done up, since your a good lookout youll be getting the first look :D

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    if i piant my car black, these are the rims im thinking of doing

just saw this and, well, ewww.

yea, changed my mind :D

those are kinda iffy man, i think theyed look alright on a car with a really agressive body kit bot not on our galants, but the brand is good. sportmax makes really good wheels, they wont crack on you either. they make alot of cool smaller size wheels like 15's and 16's for the small compact cars, but they have other stuff in larger sizes too. you can get a nice ass set of wheels and tires in 17's or 18's for less than 600 bucks bro. ill look around for ya.
    2001 es v6

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast