The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: few quick questions

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar

few quick questions

1) on my next oil change (which is needed very soon) should i put in the best oil to keep the car at the top after almost 96000 miles?

2) should i put in the top of the line gas every so often too?

3) from carring around my new rims, my seats have some marks, what do you suggest to clean it?

4) instead of drilling into my car to put the switch in for my underbody kit, should i just use a double sided tape and hope that when i take it out (if i do) i can find something that will clean up the tape marks?

anything else i think of will be put below on the next post

thanks

- 99 galant

- space for new questions to be answered -

anyone help please?

1) search the site. oil has been discussed at length.

2) top of the line gas? do you have a v6? premium is recommended. top of the line gas could also mean 110 octane. what exactly are you asking?

3) leather cleaner, or steam cleaner if they are cloth

4) yeah, i guess. but i wouldnt put neon on my car if the world depended on it.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

1. i use AMSoil 5w30. different people have thier preferences. search around here to find which oil suits you best but make sure to get the proper weight of oil.

2. i use premium fuel. that is what the manufacturer recommends. i'd pretty much just stick with what the manufacturer recommends. unless your car is heavily modified (which i doubt) using a fuel other than what the manufacturer recommends is just gonna be a waste of money.

3. i just use upolstery cleaner that you get from the auto parts store. just make sure to test it in an inconspicuous spot before cleaning the whole seat.

4. you could just tape it on. but then again, just because you can tape it on, doesn't mean you should. if that was my car, i would just drill the silly hole, have the switch secure, have the wires hidden, make everything look clean and then if for some reason i wanted the switch and the hole to disappear, go and buy a used panel for like 5 bucks or something.

5. this is an internet forum, not the psychic hotline so don't expect answers as soon as u post.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    1) search the site. oil has been discussed at length.

2) top of the line gas? do you have a v6? premium is recommended. top of the line gas could also mean 110 octane. what exactly are you asking?

3) leather cleaner, or steam cleaner if they are cloth

4) yeah, i guess. but i wouldnt put neon on my car if the world depended on it.
    2) yes i mean premium, but its like 20 cents more which will add up over time... so iis once in a while ok?

3) they are cloth, i just need to get the grease out

4) thanks, and i like neons :D

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    1. i use AMSoil 5w30. different people have thier preferences. search around here to find which oil suits you best but make sure to get the proper weight of oil.

2. i use premium fuel. that is what the manufacturer recommends. i'd pretty much just stick with what the manufacturer recommends. unless your car is heavily modified (which i doubt) using a fuel other than what the manufacturer recommends is just gonna be a waste of money.

3. i just use upolstery cleaner that you get from the auto parts store. just make sure to test it in an inconspicuous spot before cleaning the whole seat.

4. you could just tape it on. but then again, just because you can tape it on, doesn't mean you should. if that was my car, i would just drill the silly hole, have the switch secure, have the wires hidden, make everything look clean and then if for some reason i wanted the switch and the hole to disappear, go and buy a used panel for like 5 bucks or something.

5. this is an internet forum, not the psychic hotline so don't expect answers as soon as u post.
    1) brand doesnt matter to me, just asking about a top of the line oil instead of the regular oil change

2) it would be very costly over time to always to premium gas :(

3) thanks, i will try my nearest store tomorrow, the marks from the rims arent noticable but i dont want them there

4) your right, im not planning on removing it anytime soon so hopefully the person that might help me can hide the wires well for me

5) LOL true that

btw thanks for both of your opinions

:D

regarding your concerns about premium gas.

an extra .20 for 5000 gallons of gas is 1000 bucks.

using 15 gallons a week, it will take you 6 1/2 years to go through that much fuel.

1000 bucks over 6 years = 166 bucks a year = 5 bucks a month

if you use shitty gas, and your engine died, how much will it cost to fix it?

if you cant afford 5 bucks a month, you shouldnt be driving.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

if you have an i4, go ahead and just stck with regular. thats all your car needs, you won't benefit from using premium.

if u have a v6, ok so you might be saving 20 cents a gallon by using regular. but for me, if i use anything but preium, not only is peformance decreased, but fuel economy is also. so in reality, its actually cheaper (if you calculate cost of gas per mile) for me to fill up with premium than it is with regular since i'd be visiting the gas station more often to fill up if i stuck with regular.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    regarding your concerns about premium gas.

an extra .20 for 5000 gallons of gas is 1000 bucks.

using 15 gallons a week, it will take you 6 1/2 years to go through that much fuel.

1000 bucks over 6 years = 166 bucks a year = 5 bucks a month

if you use shitty gas, and your engine died, how much will it cost to fix it?

if you cant afford 5 bucks a month, you shouldnt be driving.
    hmm that is true, i didnt think of it that way, premium is only the second grade i believe since there is super too, so its really only 10cents more, and its deff not worth blowing my engine, so im going to put super in once or twice then drop to premium from here on in

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    if you have an i4, go ahead and just stck with regular. thats all your car needs, you won't benefit from using premium.

if u have a v6, ok so you might be saving 20 cents a gallon by using regular. but for me, if i use anything but preium, not only is peformance decreased, but fuel economy is also. so in reality, its actually cheaper (if you calculate cost of gas per mile) for me to fill up with premium than it is with regular since i'd be visiting the gas station more often to fill up if i stuck with regular.
    yes i have the v6, so thanks again you have been a big help in all of my posts, eventually by learning my self i can then return the favor for someone else like me

NEONS=RICE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mitgalantes
    NEONS=RICE!!!!!!
    maybe, but i like them and im still keeping my galant clean

TGC Regular

Motor Oil / Car Car

I run mobil 1 High milage. the 15000 Stuff 5w30, With a K&N oil Filter.. Should i just stick with senthetic fluids ?
    I was just wondering if i should change brands, or go to a higher milage oil, Or just stay with synthetic. Or is my weight and everything ok ? should i use Lucuas Full Synthetic Stabalizer on my next oil change ? Any info would be Helpful thanks ;)