The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: opinions please

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

opinions please

im ordering the maf translator gen2 next week, i already have the gm maf sensor installed in the plumbing after the bov. if anyone else on here has the maf gen2 and is familiar with how it works i would love some feedback. is it easy to use, any problems, etc ??? any info would be very helpful. thanks
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

Exceptionally easy to use, although I haven't had to tune with it yet but it is very straightforward. The only thing that you need to do is make sure you use a wiring diagram for a 7g because the wires are different from a 2g eclipse but that was fairly easy to figure out as well. If you have more questions feel free to pm me but i'm sure you will love it.

why not stick with the stock maf? They are good for about 500hp.

because 1, his mas is damaged, 2 he needs a tuning tool for his setup, 3 safc sucks in comparison to the gen2 maft, 4 the maft gen 2 can utilize tunerpro rt. 5 ricey bov and loud turbo spool noise from blowthrough.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

with out dsm link you will have no way to correct the air flow. Plus the maf has no iat sensor. Using the maf as a "tuning tool" is not that great of idea. If you want to make your car slower the maf t will do it. Don't get me wrong the maf is cool and all and with the correct tuning it can be accurate. I would stick with the stock maf and a safc for your setup