The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MOMO SHIFTER FOR AUTOMATIC?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i believe there is a tutorial on the v6 swap as well on here, and im not possitive on the years you can definatelly use...you will need the eclipse tranny, the swap can cost anywhere from a little under $1000 to well over $3000 but that all depends on how much you can get the parts for and whether or not you upgrade it and what you upgrade, if you install it yourself....for example i got the tranny for like 700 i think, the rest of the materials for about 250 more, but i upgraded the clutch flywheel shifter bushings etc all the little things except the lsd and i payed somewhere around 2250 if i remember right, but again it all depends on how much you can get everything for and possible install fees if you dont do it or have someone help you do it, these are the prices for the i4, but i now have the v6 with the same exact upgrades changing only a few brand names and i believe frank payed close to the same price if im not mistaken

but the extra gain you get is priceless lol, but really it is worth it

also remember with the 01 you will need an 00 ecu and immobilizer that will have to be reprogrammed by the dealer in order to get rid of the ses light

the 99 will work fine

as of now there is no fix on the 02 or 03 galants that has been found yet, so if you live in a state with inspections (like you snowy lol) remember that you will not pass unless you find a way to fix the ecu problem or swap the auto back in every year when you need to be reinspected

is anyone is interested in doing the swap and isnt sure read goosey2099 tutorial about 99% of it can be used or the v6 swap as well there is very little difference between the 2 swaps

on a side not the momo shifter looks pretty nice with that boot, although i wouldnt waste the money if you plan on ditching it down the road

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    The 2000 to 2005 gt or gts 5 speed tranny will fit our cars..

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea but what i mean is specific year galants to specific year eclipses being some thing changed with sensors on the tranny's and ecu's etc

thanks for the info guys.i appreciate. i want to swap now but ill probly wait till the auto blows up, its a brand new transmition just put in like 5 months ago cus the 1st one blew. unfortunatly the warrantee on my galant would not cover for a five speed swap..lol i wish it did.
    2001 es v6

Im just curious on why did it take like over 10 B.S. post in this thread to get a answer to the question... Why do you guys waist your time with that crap... I mean if he needs info on a automatic transmission why would you recommend him to upgrade his car? What happened to people posting positive helpful information about the question... The only way i would see all this manual swap ish helpful is if he asked what should i do put a new auto shifter or go manual..... I mean its ok sometimes to just read through forums with out posting on ever thread and topic... if you dont have shit to say about the thread thats informative... lol dont....
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

TGC Regular
    Reviving time.
    I found a Momo Auto shifter and I'm liking it. Except it says this...

"* Item description: New in box comes with inserts for different size shaft and it is secured using 3 allen screws provided with the allen wrench in the box, will fit any gear shaft that is less than .60" in diameter. Push botton on top, will not work on cars wth side buttons."

Disregard the caps as it was a copy paste job and I'm a little too tired to rewrite it into lower case at the moment. Ah screw it I'm going to do it anyways. So ... before I go ahead and purchase this damn expensive thing, will it even fit the 8gs? I've noticed some users have top buttons... how did that work out for you guys? Think it's possible to make this top button work for the Momo shift knob? Here's a pic.

So I saw another ad for this same knob... says it does not have an overdrive button. Still though, inputs anyone?
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Top button will work, I HAVE ONE OF MY "g". The only thing is you might hva e to cut the plug shorter so the shifter sits down lower. Heres a pic of how mine looked before i cut the plug lower

I cut mine like 2", enough to make it sit pretty low!

too bad they don't sell these anymore :?

You guy's G's make me so jealous... I found a 7G with a bad tranny : D
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12