The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 3m urathan motor mout tutriol

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

3m urathan motor mout tutriol

hey i was reading in the superstreet mag and i found that a guy had bad mount and he did wannt to pay big bucks for new ones so he made his own

i did this my self and it really works

if your a galant owner then you should know that the motor ount break easily like mine and i did have the money to put new ones on so i did this

1) go to napa or somthing and get a bottle of 3m urathan ehsive
    2) prop the car up and the engine
    3) take out mounts
    4)tape up one side of mount so the stuff dosnt go though
    5)youll then see the cracks on the mount get a chaulk gun w/ the 3m in it and fill in the cracks.... let that side dry and then do the other side
    6) once your mounts are dired u put them back on and there good to go

its an easy fix, sure...
    but i woudl hardly call 60 shipped for all 4 prothane motor mounts.... "big bux"

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

well you probley don't have two kids and 60 bucks shiped iis a lot

i guess if you have the time to sit there and wait for the filler to dry then i guess you can do that.

others depend on their car so taking a day or two the make sure that the mount is really cured isn't an option. especially if you depend on your car as your main means of transportation.

having filled my own mounts, i'd have to say, the only time i'd fill my mounts again was if i had a car that didn't have premade inserts again. the premade inserts are IMO, superior than some window adhesive.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    its an easy fix, sure...
    but i woudl hardly call 60 shipped for all 4 prothane motor mounts.... "big bux"
    DOHC-- You got link for those Prothane mounts? Mine are shot, so I figure I will go with them

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I have 2 kids but I preffer the good stuff and willing to pay for it, besides I dont know whay you woud say this " if your a galant owner then you should know that the motor ount break easily " Im a proud Galant owner and my motor mounts are just fine, I didn't replace mine untill I had 150,000 miles???

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I have 2 kids but I preffer the good stuff and willing to pay for it, besides I dont know whay you woud say this " if your a galant owner then you should know that the motor ount break easily " Im a proud Galant owner and my motor mounts are just fine, I didn't replace mine untill I had 150,000 miles???
    Dude, this epic "tutriol" is from last summer

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    This damn noobs bringing shit up and my dumb ass for not paying attention, burn noobs burn!!!!!

Just trying to get the Prothane motor mounts for a good price! :smt040

Again .... like I posted in the suspension bushing thread, try any of the typical dsm shops or ebay. They are about the only places you are going to find them and if you weren't too lazy to search for them on your own you would know that.

222whp/250wtq

:smt023 Thanks for friendly welcome to TGC! :smt023