The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: difference in injen intakes

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    757Boyzgtz

difference in injen intakes

what is the difference in the short ram, race division and CAI made by injen

The short ram has the filter under your hood. The CAI places an extension tube on the short ram to put the filter down by your foglight. The race division is the same as the CAI, but it comes with a splatter shield to keep the elemets off your filter.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

first of all, im am talking about the modern injens, not the injens of like last year.

the race division is their full cai. comes with the short ram cold air extension heat shield and everything else u need 4 install. the short ram is the race division minus the cold air extension and the heat shield. the regular CAI is no longer being made by injen so don't worry about that

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Galant01
    The short ram is a short intake that will sit right where the air box is on the stock unit ($240). The race division CAI will have the same pipe but then anyother pipe the connects that goes underneath the car, and will sit in the bumper. ($340)

Tiptronic
    with the cai, i think its fairly simple, if you want to convert it to short ram, and the shield should fit both ways. a little more, but better off in the long run. im happy with my shortty, but wish i had waited now!

757Boyzgtz
    thanx ummm is there any difference ih hp gains with the different ones

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(757Boyzgtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanx ummm is there any difference ih hp gains with the different ones</div>

a cai will give u about twice the hp gains as a short ram would...

Dilemma
    CAI will take cooler and more fresher air not engine air. Its been stated here that heat is the engine's worst enemy..so therefore cooler air =

Infamous665
    where could someone get the CAI one? whats a good website?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(L.I.Galant665)</div><div class='quotemain'>where could someone get the CAI one? whats a good website?</div>

adventon.com

Tiptronic

Infamous665
    Thanks for them websites but they dont have the racing division one for the 99's. Could i get it anyway and put it on the 99? Or just buy the regular one for the 99?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(L.I.Galant665)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks for them websites but they dont have the racing division one for the 99's. Could i get it anyway and put it on the 99? Or just buy the regular one for the 99?</div>

then get the one for the 2k+ same thing, as long as its not the gts