The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: megan cat-back

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 50 of 50
    Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karn
    mm.. hey if ur still online do u know this that if i am installing coilovers do i still need struts?? cuz i wanna do megan coilovers... and i donno if i even need struts anymore and if i do will they last long? i am not doin a major ground eeffect maybe lowering it a couple inchs
    hahahahahahaha..... anyways, if you buy the Megan Damper kit then everything you need comes in the kit. now you IF you just buy some coilover springs, then yes you will need shocks/struts..... i love newb questions...
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Quote Originally Posted by xxarmandxx
    wat did u put instead of the cat, a 2.5 pipe? when i put my megan cat-back in i knocked out all the shit inside the cat, that honey comb lookin shit lol...and it does sound better, and that way when i go to inspection they;ll never kno cuz my cat is still there:)
    i'm not sure exactly how DMV does the standard readings on the cat, but the honey comb part of the cat might be neccessary for getting rid of some gases exiting the exhaust (don't quote me on that, not really sure). Hopefully in your case, it doesn't affect the readings since the cat is still on.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

mm.. naw i am plannin on buyin the whole coilover kit which is about $800 and i am pretty sure it has everythin it or does it?
    I love bikes n babes!

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karn
    mm.. naw i am plannin on buyin the whole coilover kit which is about $800 and i am pretty sure it has everythin it or does it?
    its $900 last time i checked and yes, it has everything you need.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by run1206
    not too loud, nice deep tone, i love it.
    short clip of how it sounds on my G:
    http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ganexhaust.flv

the silencer is good when i go cross-state and i don't wanna get drowned out by the constant tone. i can barely hear it when it's on, i'll make a video with the silencer on later in the week.
    Sounds Good 2 Me U Just Got Them Another Customer ....LOL!

anyone have this on a v6 and with a sound clip?

The megan catback. :smt002
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Quote Originally Posted by prettyboy4987
    Quote Originally Posted by run1206
    not too loud, nice deep tone, i love it.
    short clip of how it sounds on my G:
    http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ganexhaust.flv

the silencer is good when i go cross-state and i don't wanna get drowned out by the constant tone. i can barely hear it when it's on, i'll make a video with the silencer on later in the week.
    Sounds Good 2 Me U Just Got Them Another Customer ....LOL!
    awesome!!! another G with a Megan cat-back :D
    i'm not sure, but check our "for sale" section to see if angel (sleeper-vr4) is still selling his Megan cat-back in exchange for your stock exhaust setup.
    https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59799

300's a good price too.

SLS2000: i don't know any v6s that has the Megan cat-back, most v6s i know have Magnaflows on them. Still...just as good as Megan.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Id be intersted but I would like to hear it on a v6 first.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

8G_GTZ
    I have the V6 and I'm running a 3" hfc(basically no cat) and 3" from thee with no resonators to a turbo spec APEXi N1 muffler. sounds pretty beastly. I'm thinking about scrapping the turbo idea and going N/A build. SO I need headers and cams next.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    with the header ur shit is gonna be rassppyyyy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123