The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how does it look?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 50

how does it look?

I'm not done yet. still have to make a shroud to cover the bolts/adjusters and seal up the rear. probably be completely done with the driver side tomorrow. the passenger side shouldn't take long since the braces on that side should be exactly the same (just reversed). so I traced the shapes on plexiglass.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Wow that looks really cool. What did you do with the corner light, is it in there but just covered up? I can't tell. Anyways, they look really nice, I'll bet if you could make a bunch, you could probably sell them. They have kind of a JDM/Cibie look in a US housing. Nice.

-Mohammad

Looks nice, how did you do that? are they selling it the projectore for our
    8 g yet?

i didn't install the corner lights yet. it will be at the stock location. i will use carbon fiber for the shroud. here's some pics of the braces inside. it looks like the cibie projectors because the projector modules are the same ones. they are made by Hella. Very high quality. Hella makes projector modules for audis, bmw's,ferrari,...

GREEN is the new BLACK

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jacuZZi)</div><div class='quotemain'>Looks nice, how did you do that? are they selling it the projectore for our Â*
    8 g yet? Â*:o</div>

this is a custom job. there are no direct replacement projectors for US galants yet. Cibie makes one, but its for JDM galants.

GREEN is the new BLACK

looks good astig, how much did that run you. and what material did u use for the face of the headlight, the clear part, that doesn't look oem

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks good astig, how much did that run you. and what material did u use for the face of the headlight, the clear part, that doesn't look oem</div>

its OEM. the braces inside are made of plexiglass.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    you really put alot of thought into this. like i was thinking how is he going to adjust it so it points the correct way, now i see you added the bolts with the springs on them. :thumbsup: tell me when you wanna get started on mine i will send you the money :laughing:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(domielover)</div><div class='quotemain'>you really put alot of thought into this. Â*like i was thinking how is he going to adjust it so it points the correct way, now i see you added the bolts with the springs on them. Â*:thumbsup: Â*tell me when you wanna get started on mine i will send you the money :laughing:</div>

gimme a week for my other headlight. then I can start making more braces.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Tazz2000
    HEY..................

I got the first order.

looks great! the black inside housings looks tight. awesome job man :thumbsup:

Tiptronic
    excellent job, cant wait to see the finished product

Great job, man. The time you spent really shows.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

AK1
    Nice work fo shore.

J. T. Z.
    Very nice job! If I were you I would really consider making these for people. You could make some nice money doing these on the side.
    P.S.- If you do decide to make these for others PM me. :thumbsup:

here's some pics from tonight. I aimed the headlights using the stock headlight (passenger side) as reference.

first thing you'd notice in person is the colorshifting from the typical yellow then -> purple -> blue -> copper -> yellow. Very nice! similar to the audi's, but without the copper color. This is not HID-equipped yet. the colorshifting is all due to the optics of the projector. I am guessing that with HID installed, the yellowness will be gone.

notice that the beam pattern is nicer. very sharp cutoff, and the light is dispersed well. i took the car for a spin. I am very impressed. it was very bright. it light up the road really well.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Dilemma
    wow...u better post the final results GJ!!

good job....yeah Iwanna see final pics too
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Tiller
    wow, alot of hard work into that...

i'm not likign the way the beam looks kinda sloppy to oncoming traffic though... maybe it was just your positioning when you snapped the pic...

did you see the sharp beam cutoff against the garage door? that means no glare above that cutoff line. the picture was taken about 1 ft from the ground to show the colorshift. unless your on a louge (sp) it shouldnt bother you. hehehe.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast