The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cheap Power?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    glolant02

Cheap Power?

I just recently purchased a Megan Cat-Back Exhaust System, and it sounds awesome! I am looking for fairly cheap, an easy to DIY mods. I am looking into the DC Headers and a Short Ram Injen Cold Air Intake. Any more Suggestions???

Fairly Cheap = Not more than the car is worth. haha (a turbo is not an option for the time being.)

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: Cheap Power?

Quote Originally Posted by glolant02
    a Short Ram Injen Cold Air Intake.
    lol..... its either short ram or CAI. anyways, we've talked about this a lot. o think there was like 2 threads about this last week man. look it up and you should find some answers. have fun....
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

glolant02
    Thanks. That was a coffee typo, i was thinking about too many things at once, I do appreciate your correction though.

Thanks. That was a coffee typo, i was thinking about too many things at once, I do appreciate your correction though.
    no problem man... also, keep an eye on the For Sale section. things on there pop up for sale and get sold quick. you can usually find some good deals...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    THere isnt such a thing as cheap power. You can get a CAI but you probably will not notice a performance gain. The best bang for your buck is Nitrous.

You can only choose two of the following: cheap - reliable - fast.
    -You can go the cheap and reliable route, but you wont be fast
    -You can shoot for reliable and fast route, but it wont be cheap.
    -You can be fast and cheap but it probably will not be reliable.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    i got my headers for $50. can't get any cheaper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    i got my headers for $50. can't get any cheaper than that.
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i wish mine where $50...

glolant02
    where did you get your headers??? are there anymore available at that price? the lowest price I could find was 315. :cry:

where did you get your headers??? are there anymore available at that price? the lowest price I could find was 315. :cry:
    feel lucky about that man.... i paid way more then that for my headers.

yeah and your still slow...

Back in the Family!!

oh snap!!! hahahaha

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    yeah and your still slow...

phil..... with ur ass in your car..... i can beat you walking...

Re: Cheap Power?

I just recently purchased a Megan Cat-Back Exhaust System, and it sounds awesome! I am looking for fairly cheap, an easy to DIY mods. I am looking into the DC Headers and a Short Ram Injen Cold Air Intake. Any more Suggestions???

Fairly Cheap = Not more than the car is worth. haha (a turbo is not an option for the time being.)
    Oh my god... another one... :evil: If you want cheap "performance" get a Honda... if you want true performance, it is not cheap. Sure you MIGHT get something if you change headers, install a CAI and cheap shit like that... but it will barely be noticeable. I say just save up money and do it right... you get what you pay for, if you want cheap performance, it will be cheap performance. Besides, why do you want performance right away, I mean what good will it do you, if you want to beat Honda's, don't worry the G can already take most of 'em out. If you decide to save up money, do a turbo install, and a 5 speed swap, (5 spd swap preferably first) than take it from there.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

read a book. please.

glolant02
    thanks for all your replies. I used to work at a body shop, and I just bought my 2002 G, I scored a nice deal on it. My old car was a 91 eagle talon tsi, but unfortunately it shit the bed. I loved that car, and I am just looking to make my new G a little quicker than factory, because my talon was a 13 second car, the G seems slow. I am strapped for money at the time, and thats why I am looking to not spend that much money. I am most likely going to do header and a CAI. The 5 speed swap needs to be from a 200-05 eclipse right?