The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine swap

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    2002ShadowDeamon

Engine swap

I have seen people on here with the 72 swap it out for a 74, but has anyone done the 6a12tt swap? Or does anyone have a JDM VR-4 that can give me some info? I just need to get some info and if someone has done the swap, can you post a tuto? And is it even worth my time to have a 6a12 imported? I thought it was. Let me know what ya think?

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    only 1 8G vr-4 in the US i believe..... its in the east coast man. search it up man.... as for the swaps, search too. everyone ask this question the first time and we talked about it a lot.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

2002ShadowDeamon
    i have been talking to a shop here in Mo., and they said that they could ship it in for a few hunder bucks. The only thing is that they want to charge $75 an hour to do the swap. Is it worth my money to have them do it? And how long does it normally take to do a swap? I am really wanting to do this swap, but i really dont know enough to do it my self. If any one can help, please give me a shout.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    yes, its worth it but it will be a lot of money. you can do a EVO swap man but it will be like 15k or something...
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

the only 8G VR-4 i know is in DC

and he is a mod here: Mante

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Alot of the questions that you are asking have been asked on numerous occassions. I would spend abit of time reading up on the boards. Theres tons of info for all that questions that you have.

...and Welcome aboard.

Diaz
    8)

Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24
    yes, its worth it but it will be a lot of money.
    How can you say its worth it when its never been done before???

I say its not worth it since the engine is not available to the US. If something breaks, you have to wait weeks up to months for a replacement to be shipped from overseas. Not to mention the language barrier if trying to buy from a foreign country

Its can't/shouldn't be done. Search before you buy anything
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    6a12tt is the 7g vr4 motor anyway. The 6a13tt is what came in the 8g vr4. Please do some searching, this topic came up last week even.
    7g for life!