The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: spoiler

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 108
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You cant pull off a non-oem wing unless you are dropped at the least! I think the Evo wing, drop, wheels, and JDM front/side/rear bumper is a great combo.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    You cant pull off a non-oem wing unless you are dropped at the least! I think the Evo wing, drop, wheels, and JDM front/side/rear bumper is a great combo.
    exactly what I have, tho the sides arent on in that pic

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Just my .02.. I think that the spoiler you posted is very ricey.. especially on a stock galant.. You need to work on the body first before you put a big wing on it..

i was in the same boat this kid was in like 3 years ago. i was just getting to the point where my stock galant was starting to look booring to me, and the 1st thing i wanted was a spoiler. i went with the stock one by the way. but anyways, if i could go back i wouldve done things in a difrent order. ......im saying man save your money, lower your car 1st. by some new tein s techs maybe even a set of new aftermarket shocks to go with the springs if your stock springs are old. then save more money and get some wheels bro. your car willlook soooooo much better lowered you will love it. i know right now you are excited about all the parts out there and see all these other peoples galants all set up with the primo shit, but remember most of the cars started out just like yours. stock! most of those people were just like you....broke and wanted to start modding there car. dont get impatient and buy stuff thats cheap because you dont have alot of money this very second and you want to make our car look diffrent...cus in the end, youll end up with a car youre really not happy with and alot of money not well spent. i paid 300 bucks total for a set of new tein stech springs and that included install. so it was like 175 for the teins and 125 for install. now you are ready to blow like 150 or so on a spoiler that looks good to you right now only because its cheap....id save up some more money and lower the vehicle. so then at least you'll be riding right. stance is the most important physical feature on a car. spoilers, body kits, cf hoods, rims, wings, neon kits.....etc...dont look as good unless the car is sitting right. its just going to look like a car with alot of mods that still needs to be lowered from stock hight. some cars you can get away without having to lower them, our galants come stock with the hugest front wheel gap in the history of frikkin wheel gaps. wow, ive went on and on so imma stop now... lower your car! lol
    2001 es v6

please dont lower ur car on stock struts tho, take teh time and get new ones, cuz the stock ones will blow very quickly as tehy are not setup for a lowered ride height

ive has my teins on stock struts for like a year now and they are fine, they struts were brand new when i put the springs on though. i keep hearing people say that the stock struts will wear out fast but mine have yet to show the least bit of wear. i drive my car everysingle day and i live in Maine, the roads suck ballz out here. winters are even worse. i think that if you buy shitty lowering springs with bad spring rates that cause uneven right hight then stock struts will wear out fast. i know alot of people who got ripped off on ebay thinking they got tein s tech springs when really they got lime green powdercoated knock off springs with tein stickers on them. this was a huge problem on ebay and tein actually went after the companys on ebay posing as authorized dealers of tein producs and they sued them. the springs were actually made by a company called ZENN wich they sold with tien stickers on the springs and sold them lime green in tein boxes and packaging even came with a fake computer print out copy of the tein manufacturing warantee. soo yeah i agree....pony up and get good springs with an aftermarket strut combo if your struts are old. usually people have to replace stock struts every 50,000 miles. i have yet to do so because like i said they were brand new and still ride as good as they day i had the teins put on. but watch out for shitty springs bro. eibach, tein, megan, skunk2, those companys are known for having the better springs on the market. make sure they are the real deal though. dont want your shit all uneven and bumpy.
    2001 es v6

Worth noting here that Tein is no longer honoring warantees on any Tein products purchased online (according to my local dealer, Racing Trenz).

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bellefontaine187
    i was in the same boat this kid was in like 3 years ago. i was just getting to the point where my stock galant was starting to look booring to me, and the 1st thing i wanted was a spoiler. i went with the stock one by the way. but anyways, if i could go back i wouldve done things in a difrent order. ......im saying man save your money, lower your car 1st. by some new tein s techs maybe even a set of new aftermarket shocks to go with the springs if your stock springs are old. then save more money and get some wheels bro. your car willlook soooooo much better lowered you will love it. i know right now you are excited about all the parts out there and see all these other peoples galants all set up with the primo shit, but remember most of the cars started out just like yours. stock! most of those people were just like you....broke and wanted to start modding there car. dont get impatient and buy stuff thats cheap because you dont have alot of money this very second and you want to make our car look diffrent...cus in the end, youll end up with a car youre really not happy with and alot of money not well spent. i paid 300 bucks total for a set of new tein stech springs and that included install. so it was like 175 for the teins and 125 for install. now you are ready to blow like 150 or so on a spoiler that looks good to you right now only because its cheap....id save up some more money and lower the vehicle. so then at least you'll be riding right. stance is the most important physical feature on a car. spoilers, body kits, cf hoods, rims, wings, neon kits.....etc...dont look as good unless the car is sitting right. its just going to look like a car with alot of mods that still needs to be lowered from stock hight. some cars you can get away without having to lower them, our galants come stock with the hugest front wheel gap in the history of frikkin wheel gaps. wow, ive went on and on so imma stop now... lower your car! lol
    well i have high speed bumps around the condos i live in, so id need to watch out for that

why cant they just keep LOW speedbumps... i watched them install it and i was like wtf why so f-ing big

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted
    please dont lower ur car on stock struts tho, take teh time and get new ones, cuz the stock ones will blow very quickly as tehy are not setup for a lowered ride height
    if i go lower, im going to go for it all and not just half

i need to do it right to save money in the end

wed all save money to stay stock lmao

its simple, stock car stock wing, i'm in the market myself for one, just need to save some money, but i'm going w/ the stock wing

btw, i had nice konig 18" rims, but the people who sold them to me gave me one cracked, so im staying away from used rims and going to work on other stuff first

and once i sell those 18" rims and tires, ill be back with some money to be able to upgrade the look

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    Worth noting here that Tein is no longer honoring warantees on any Tein products purchased online (according to my local dealer, Racing Trenz).
    . tein gives a full one year warantee on all of their springs and they guarantee them not to sag more than .5mm. tein might not warantee springs that you buy off from ebay or an unauthorized dealer. but if you buy them from an authorized dealer youre all set. i think that most major aftermarket companies are that way. . tein guarantees their shit, eibach guarantees there shit and so does skunk2..but maybe i am mistaken...lol i may very well be. every tein product is sold with a manufacturers warantee and has a doc number on that warantee. so if you keep that youre all set, as long as you got them from an authorized dealer. thats what i was told by tein. but i got them from NEA(north east auto design) they are an authorized dealer and tein sponsers their drifting team but i had to pay like $175 plus shipping. but im striat if they sag or someshit goes wrong like uneven right hight or whuatever.
    2001 es v6

did they discontinue the 18's that you have? why not just replace that one rim and keep the set. if they are nice than it would be worth it. riight?
    2001 es v6

Quote Originally Posted by bellefontaine187
    did they discontinue the 18's that you have? why not just replace that one rim and keep the set. if they are nice than it would be worth it. riight?
    yes discontinued :(

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    ok im NOT going stock, they want almost $600 from the dealer
    Where did you go and who told you 600.00? I got my stock spoiler for 300.00 and that was installed and painted. I got mine done throught an independent person that does the spoilers at the dealerships when you buy them. You should look up some business in your area that specializes in spoilers and other custom parts for your car. If you look in my pic. Its the same like you have posted.
    The Boss always will Remain Shining!!

the dealership parts dep. told me that quote

i would go wit tha stock spoiler man...looks good with it...i think the evo spoilers only look good if u have sum type of body kit...

i think i may just start with a paint job, i think color makes or breaks a cars look, then ill save to lower it (if im able to with the speedbumps around) then ill work on a body kit/spoiler, im going to lock this so thanks for everyones opinions

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    cool.

dude speedbumps dont matter man....lol just slow down a bit when you go over them. speed bumps do not make your car bottom out if its lowered. why would you think that? youll be all set.lower your car first. the stance makes or breaks a car. lower your shit man.
    2001 es v6

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast