The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: INTAKE!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33
    pakisouljah

INTAKE!?

yes of course, just bought a 99 galant, im lookin for a nice intake, not too expensive, prolly under 100, anyone got any good ideas for a good intake worth the money?

look in ebay

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

pakisouljah
    the Injen intake is way too expensive, what about BOMZ? any good?

never used any BOMZ stuff, best way to mod a car is not go cheap, specially on engine mods

I asked my shop about Bomz and they started laughing at me.

I'm happy with my Weapon-R Dragon intake. Was about $130.

Don't go with a no-name anything off of eBay in my experience. It's always substandard or for the entirely wrong application. Personally I now research any brands I see on eBay before bidding.

search

and btw,if you have mas air.....
    an ebay intake is just as good as a 250$ intake, minus status and materials quality.
    the power made is the same, the effect is the same,
    ebay ftw when it comes to pointless no power making intakes.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i totally agree. the most key thing is to make sure that the intake is secured. many crappy intakes don't come with mounting brackets and supports and can cause you problems later if not taken care of.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    basically from what i have learned from everyone else for ANY mod, performance or anything else, just save up for the better quality, it could just hurt you in the end

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    basically from what i have learned from everyone else for ANY mod, performance or anything else, just save up for the better quality, it could just hurt you in the end
    You've learned :smt023 99 galant. Basically, when it comes to modding your engine, you wanna go by you-get-what-you-pay-for stuff. Go by Injen or AEM intake. WEapon-R is a well known brand as well. Check club3g.com there's lot of members selling intake system since we can put most of any 3G eclipse parts on our car.

i have had the ebay cai for a year now and it works perffect. when i bought it i changed the filter to a typhoon KnN and its been good ever since...there is only 1 mounting brackets instead of 2 like the injens or aem...

i went with an eBay intake, and i wish i went with the Injen intake the first time around. Go for quality, saving up with help in the long run.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

only eBay intake I tried turned out to be for a 3K GT and didn't fit the shape of our setup. Was awful heavy too.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    wait for some stuff to come on on the For Sale section man. people usually sell stuff there for a decent price.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

yeah, he should talk... sold an Injen intake for 100. and i didn't take the opportunity to buy it either :cry: :cry: :evil:

damn u n3o, lol

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by run1206
    yeah, he should talk... sold an Injen intake for 100. and i didn't take the opportunity to buy it either :cry: :cry: :evil:

damn u n3o, lol

act faster man. the sale was up for like 2 days before someone finally hit me up about it... next time man...
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    i totally agree. the most key thing is to make sure that the intake is secured. many crappy intakes don't come with mounting brackets and supports and can cause you problems later if not taken care of.
    He's absolutely correct. Between me and Allan, we've had almost every intake on our cars that's available. There's no need to spend $300 so your intake says Injen on the side when the $75 from ebay has the same mounting points. Guaranteed you won't produce any more horsepower with the Injen than you would with the ebay.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

pakisouljah
    nice, yeah ill def keep on takin a look if anyone is puttin up for sale an intake

8G_GTZ
    they actually don't make intakes for our car. you have to make one out of fiberglass. it's hard to find someone to make one if you can't do it. you're lucky to find one of aluminum.

pakisouljah
    i found a nice dragon weapon r intake for 130

pakisouljah
    which intake would u guys go with, the INJEN or the AEM?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast