The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: INTAKE!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    Quote Originally Posted by pakisouljah
    which intake would u guys go with, the INJEN or the AEM?
    depend on the color of the intake. cuz thats gonna be the only big difference.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

pakisouljah
    hahaha, short ram or cold air intake?

search tool broken today??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    search tool broken today??

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Experienced TGC Member
    hahaha, short ram or cold air intake?
    Im feeling generous tonite...

Cold Air Intake

Pros
    1- Mounted lower to the ground, and supposedly takes in cooler air as compared to being located in the engine bay
    Cons
    1- Complaints about Hydro-lock on rainy days are not uncommon (when your CAI sucks in water)

Short Ram Intake

Pros
    1- Shorter distance for air to travel, usually a little cheaper than CAI
    Cons
    1- Your Short Ram will be sucking in much hotter air due to the fact that its mounted inside the engine bay, as compared to towards the bottom or outside of the engine bay

*Any guys with more experience feel free to correct me if im wrong

^well said. :D You can get a bypass valve if you do go for the CAI and don't wanna hydrolock. Was a BIG thread about it over in GF.com. I stick with Short Ram, just to be on the safe side...

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Re: INTAKE!?

yes of course, just bought a 99 galant, im lookin for a nice intake, not too expensive, prolly under 100, anyone got any good ideas for a good intake worth the money?
    oh well, how about MAF adapter and K&N air filter (under $50.00). the cheapest one you can buy. EBAY has it :D
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

Whats the difference between air intake and cold air intake ,I know cold air.. duh :P but .can I still install a cold air intake instead of a Regular intake ?????

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galantino_es
    Bad I should read this before I got my intake in ebay :(
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galantino_es
    Whats the difference between air intake and cold air intake ,I know cold air.. duh :P but .can I still install a cold air intake instead of a Regular intake ?????
    I dont understand this question. Are you asking the difference between your stock air intake vs. a Cold Air Intake?

Stock Intake

Pros
    1- Factory installed so it wont potentially void your warranty
    2- Almost always guaranteed to never have any problems, and if you do...its under warranty

Cons
    1- Almost always much more restrictive than an aftermarket intake
    2- Bling factor is at a -10
    3- Sounds nowhere near as good as CAI or Short Ram Intakes

ok ....... thnax a lot :P

besides having the look of a nice intake, do u get the same performance installing a universal filter or changing the whole setup. i hooked up a k&n filter for my intake and it works and looks great. the cost was cheaper than a drop in too. will replacing the whole intake give me more power or is it just for looks.

get an injen intake, they are killer, they sound good, the hp increase isnt going to blow you away, the most youre going to get is maybe 6-10. but it looks great, sounds killer with an exhaust set up, and an aftermarket intake shouldnt revoke your warantee. ive had mine on since like 2 years ago and my warantee is still honored, ive had a new transmition fuller covered, new ac covered and they told me the intake was fine. turbos arent though. i have the injen short ram, it works great. aem is good too.
    2001 es v6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12