The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How should i begin modding?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

How should i begin modding?

Hi my name is jake and i drive a 01 mitsubishi galant es. Its got just over 63500 miles on the stock 4g64 motor, and the car is still in really good condition overall. But my question is were should i began modding when it comes down 2 it? should i do a 4g63t motor swap or just stick with the 4g64 and make it dohc with a 5 speed? im just so lost.... another thing ive been having trouble with is finding web sites that carrier stuff for the galant, any suggestions were maybe i could find more aftermarket parts for it? :smt029

ok first this is not the area for this type of request just to let you know cause im tryin to save you from some flaming....Now second this is totally up to you...It's what YOU want out of the car...Are you wanting a high reving engine, a boosted engine, awd...this is up to you don't let us decided for you it's YOUR project! but after you figure that out some people might be able to shine alittle light just search around the 8g section some cause im sure this question is in the perfomance section a few times...Just figure out your needs for the vehicle...What you wish to accomplish...And how much your willing to do to get there...Some of it will also depend on your knowledege of automobiles.....

....Now website wise performance wise look for i belive 3g parts...I know on a 7g that 1g and 2g eclipse parts work and on the 8g i belive that its the 3g eclipse...Also just look for parts for a 4g64 or 4g63...Except on things like cam's considereing one's dohc and the other is sohc but i figure you know that...

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i would start with some suspension mods first, a drop inparticular and then elsewhere from that....it is a great cosmetic mod because of the huge wheel well gap and it will give you better handleing....from then on its what you want and how much your willing to spend, ive done the 5 speed swap on my old i4 and on my newer v6 and it is one of the best mods you can do performance wise especially when your starting to mod the performance aspect....the tranny you use is also compatable with all the engine options so you wont have to do it again when you decide what to do as far as the engine work

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    yeah, suspension first then some rims.

Suspension...new struts, springs, sway bars, strut bars, etc. Then work on an intake and an exhuast. Keep in mind our cars are not designed to be modified too much, so most of our performance parts come for the 3g eclipse and many need slight alterations to fit properly on our cars. Please stay away from electric turbos/superchargers and chips. The don't do anything positive for you and often lead to bad rides and much verbal abuse. Good luck with your journey.

I think im ganna start off deff modding the suspension and everything inculded in it. Im looking for quarter mile v-tec killer. I plan on sticking with the SOHC but deff tricking it out includeing everything inside and out. First i think im ganna start off with new coilovers, struts, sway bars, and maybe even some new brakes. Then maybe a pair of Konig rims with some 555r nitto tires. after gutting the hole interior both inside and out. CF hood, and trunk if i can find 1. inside ill prob save for last which ill add sparco seats, gauges, wheel, and so on. but first and for most is the ride of the car after some preformance. Im thinking in turboing it, but im kinda low on funds i just started a new job and dont know much about cars to begin with and its my dialy driver. Im new to the hole thing but have always been intrested in the scene. So overall im looking for more mid to high range pull because its kinda dies between 60-100+ mph. Im so new that i dont even know were to look for parts or even were to take my car to get the work done. I live in New York but i use my car as a dialy driver to and from work. I understand that a car needs to be in a shop from time to time to do certian work but in that time i could find rides. So if anyone has any advice on were to go to buy parts for a reasonable price and anywere that can work on a 01 galant es please help me out im very intersed and all my funds are deadicated to it.

I stopped reading after u said u want konigs.

try tearstone.com and ebay. like someone else said a lot of the stuff from 3g eclipse will work.