The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 power! haha!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    TGC Regular

4G64 power! haha!

Pheww! My mom's 92 Toyota Corrolla (265k miles) died about 3 miles from the house, one road, but the road is 3 miles long. The alternator died. My dad and I tried to jump it, but it wouldnt hold the charge..decided to for the Galant to push the Corolla. I was hesitant at first, didnt want to break my bumper, but we put seat cushions hanging out of the trunk. I pushed the car for 3 miles at about 40mph. I was surprised that it wasnt straining the engine much and no dents to my front bumper. Surprised of the car! It was only a corrolla, but it didn't take much effort! haha! And we didn't need to tow the car!!

Moral of the story...there isnt one...just wanted to share the story!
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

good job chris...and yea i'd check for internal damage too, this could be an opportunity to get ur parents to get u a new front end cuz it got "damaged" from all the pushing hahaha

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Mr. E
    I was parked at work right in front of a light post.I usually pull out going forward, but i forgot i was in front of a lightpost.So i put it in drive, and press the gas pretty good...Bam!! i hit it, i reverse, and look at the bumper, but it did nothing and i mean, NOTHING to the front bumper cover.Also,someone once reversed into me, and it didnt do anythingOur front end is pretty flexible i guess.

MitsuMan
    its made of oem urethane, anyone thats taken the bumper off before knows how durable it is, however, doesnt really last well in a higher speed accident

TGC Regular
    I actually checked my front end earlier tonight and there wasnt a scratch on it! I was afraid I'd crack the bumper, but its like new! (not quite...I hate those dam curbs...we wont get into that... )
    Chris

MitsuMan
    those curbs are a night mare, have u ever seen a galant flying through the air?, no....not a VR4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bstnsportsfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I actually checked my front end earlier tonight and there wasnt a scratch on it! I was afraid I'd crack the bumper, but its like new! (not quite...I hate those dam curbs...we wont get into that... )</div>

rip off the bumper chris, check out the real bumper, not that bumper cover every1 refers to...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bstnsportsfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I actually checked my front end earlier tonight and there wasnt a scratch on it! I was afraid I'd crack the bumper, but its like new! (not quite...I hate those dam curbs...we wont get into that... )</div>

rip off the bumper chris, check out the real bumper, not that bumper cover every1 refers to...</div>

Ya, the one that fell on my foot when I was clearing out my lights! That's one solid bumper,... just ask my big toe
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

TGC Regular
    Know the small plastic bolts that hold the bumper to the car? they are on the sides under the bumper? its like an L bracket? I broke the one on the drivers side from hitting one of those big concrete blocks in front of parking spaces! I just said "fuck" and backed up a few inches. Thats when I first got the car
    Chris

dre24k
    I've had a couple of folks back into the galant and never had a dent just a little scratch of the paint though