The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I have a theory to get cruise back

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Experienced TGC Member

I have a theory to get cruise back

So in my brain working process. I have an idea. Maybe one of you guys can test it. I dont have the time right now. Between work, ps3, and rebuilding an intrepid im swamped. Anyways. Here is my theory. We had to splice the park neutral wires together to make the car start. Therefore thats why we dont have cruise. So wouldnt it make sense to run both wires through a toggle switch and be able to cut that off when the car is running and that will possibly give us our cruise control back. Also.. The benefit of this switch would work as an anti theft device. Hide the switch somwhere easily located while driving but not in normal view.. Anyways. I figured id put this information out there for the ppl that want their cruise back. If any of you guys try this let me know how it turns out.

Thanks,
    Johnas

or you coudl get a non-cruise throttle cable, and delete all the cruise related garbage under the hood. the servo, the extra cables, the rotor box, all the garbage int he upper passenger corner of the engine bay.

and have better throttle feel and a super clean engine bay with no visible throttle cable.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    its in the wiring, i been studying the circuitry for awhile now. Soon my friends soon.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    its in the wiring, i been studying the circuitry for awhile now. Soon my friends soon.
    Yea.. It only makes sense.. We wire it to tell the car its NOT in drive. It has to be in drive to have cruise.... I think its the cheapest and most easiest theory.