The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What to do with my car

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

What to do with my car

What are your opinions about what to do with a 71778 miles 1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES Automatic? I have only planned to get exhaust, headers, cold air intake, change spark plugs, change air filter and possibly change the engine oil soon. But thing is I can't find any headers or cold air intake for the 1995 galant. got it for a week now the car. But what do you guys think is good to do?

Dude I would definitely be changing the oil anyway, it isn't a performance upgrade it's routine maintenance. Otherwise have a tune up done and I am assuming that the timing belt has most likely not been changed so that would be something to have done. (trust me you don't want to have that snap on you) Basically get your car in good working order before you can even decide where you want to head modwise. Personally I have 187,000 miles on my 96 and I just turboed it with no problems. It all really depends on how well you maintain it.

yes a routine maintenace is also a very good idea before going performance..anyways there is no cold airs made for our cars might just wana customize it since thats what most of the 7gs did. here this will help: https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45532 for the headers you need the headers for a 2g spyder gts there will bolt right up..you dont need the down pipe just yet...all u will be doing is just replacing it..if u do 3" downpipe or anything other then 2 1/4 there is not point wont get much more power...but if u get the exhast just get a 2 1/4 custom exhasut system....or you could go 2.5" exhaust system and get a 2.5 down pipe.. could get it off of a 2g eclipse/turbo...my next step is to get a bigger TB mainly 60mm port and polish my head...keep searching and good luck...click on the AIM tab for faster responce

Quote Originally Posted by mitgalantes
    yes a routine maintenace is also a very good idea before going performance..anyways there is no cold airs made for our cars might just wana customize it since thats what most of the 7gs did. here this will help: https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45532 for the headers you need the headers for a 2g spyder gts there will bolt right up..you dont need the down pipe just yet...all u will be doing is just replacing it..if u do 3" downpipe or anything other then 2 1/4 there is not point wont get much more power...but if u get the exhast just get a 2 1/4 custom exhasut system....or you could go 2.5" exhaust system and get a 2.5 down pipe.. could get it off of a 2g eclipse/turbo...my next step is to get a bigger TB mainly 60mm port and polish my head...keep searching and good luck...click on the AIM tab for faster responce
    Would this intake Fit the 7G? just wanted to know

http://www.slickcar.com/bigshot.asp?ProductID=682

No that is for the NT 420 eclipse. You aren't going to find a simple bolt on intake in any magazine because no one makes one for our car, also any that you can find that will fit won't have an adaptor for the MAS so you will need to find a way to make that work. The way I did it is with a couple of 4" to 3" plumbing reducers from home depot. Your best bet is to follow the link posted above or else just get a bunch of aluminum bends and straights from a shop and piece together your own intake.

222whp/250wtq

if ur talkin about just the intake yes the whole CAI system no cuz its dor the NT 420 engines....ur best bet it to customize ur own trust me you would screw anything up...just make sure you have everything TIGHT and dont use worm clamps they suck...doin it urself will be alot cheaper then gettin bends from a shop