The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dyno #s

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Dyno #s

im about to get my car tuned but i wanted to see what i should expect. was looking o see how everyone else's 4g64 turbo setup was running.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    -23whp in reverse.

How are we supposed to know without knowing your setup? I root for 104whp!
    7g for life!

i was having problems with my internal wastegate on the small 16g, so i got an external one. e-manage ultimate with i have 440cc inj and 550s so im no sure what to go with, 255 fuel pump e-01 boost controller, 3 inch exhaust, 5 speed conversion, stock 4g64. but i do have an evo head that im not ready to put on, but im wondering if i should use the evo fuel rail for now on my car?

dude put all your shit on before you spend the money to get it tuned. if you change the head later it will need to be tuned again

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

How much boost?
    7g for life!

with the sohc 15-20 psi.

Id say anywhere from 280whp to 340whp depending on the boost.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Do you have meth/alky injection? Are you planning on running C16? Im just wondering how you plan to boost 15-20psi on a stock 4g64 bottom end and expect it to hold up. Im not saying it cant be done without that stuff, im just saying its really pushing it to a dangerous limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

i talked to tearstone and hey said hey had a T3/T4 turbo kit on a stock 4g64 and it was running everyday with 15psi that was 350whp. they put race gas in it i think they said 110 octain and it was at 430 at 20psi. they say it safe for 350whp. im only gana have it at 15psi on high boost and drive around on 8 or so. if it blows up ill just build the motor and put the evo head on. I have to give the galant a chance the supra is just to fast.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Ok cool. Like I said its not that it cant be done, its just risky. Be extremely careful when your setting up your tune, specifially injector duty cycle. You never want to push an injector past 80-85% duty cycle as you greatly increase the chance of the injector locking up. I know for sure where is no way in hell that they made 430whp on anything smaller than 780cc injectors, I saw above that you have 550's so be careful. When I got the 2.0 tuned, I was at 21 psi, pump gas and my duty cycle was 90% which was dangerous, that was on 720's. So right off the bat the 2.4 needs nearly 25% more fuel across the board since its moving more air. Realistically I would say you might make 400whp if you completely max out the injector cycle which is dangerous and your using race gas. The problem with the 4G64 bottom end isnt even the rods, its the pistons, if you get a few counts of knock the edges od the pistons just break betweenthe edge and the top ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS