The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: This will be easier

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

This will be easier

I'm probably just gonna get the Weapon R Air Intake system for my 1995 7G Galant ES since I don't want to mess anything up by doing modifications myself.

here's the link lemme know what yall think

http://www.erzperformance.com/product_p/secret182.htm

Damn can't find any 7G Galant headers at all want to know if the header for the 2G eclipse is the same for the 7G?

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    dont go with that man... here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-C...QQcmdZViewItem

and yes, 7g = 2g
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24

and yes, 7g = 2g
    would it fit the my 1995 Galant ES? It only comes in red? I don't really like red.

Quote Originally Posted by 7GProject_4G64

and yes, 7g = 2g
    would it fit the my 1995 Galant ES?
    thats why i posted it up for you man. it will fit your engine... look around and. im sure you can find it in blue, red, chrome...

and yes, 7g = 2g
    thats why i posted it up for you man. it will fit your engine... look around and. im sure you can find it in blue, red, chrome...
    The one for the GS Right or RS? Thanks for telling since I didn't want to costumize my own air intake system cause I know I will screw it up.

and yes, 7g = 2g
    The one for the GS Right or RS? Thanks for telling since I didn't want to costumize my own air intake system cause I know I will screw it up.
    both GS and RS items will go in good on your car.

Does it really matter what color it is? I mean its going to be under the hood... the only time that people will see that its red is if you open the engine bay... and even then... no one cares. What should matter is the quality, and purpose of it. In my opinion the best filters are K&N, and from what I have seen, they are all red, but thats due to an oil you spray on the filter when you clean it.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwikfox
    Does it really matter what color it is? I mean its going to be under the hood... the only time that people will see that its red is if you open the engine bay... and even then... no one cares. What should matter is the quality, and purpose of it. In my opinion the best filters are K&N, and from what I have seen, they are all red, but thats due to an oil you spray on the filter when you clean it.
    Damn homie lol :smt075
    ~Lady Driven~

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    Damn homie lol :smt075
    I Know I was just saying I don't really care since it is a brand name performance part. But your right no one cares what color it is and yeah I'm going to buy the K&N Air Filter too.

Experienced TGC Member
    So would you buy a neon pink valve cover for you Galant? I mean...its under the hood so nobody will care. Right?

you can always paint it yourself any color you'd like.

i like my stainless steel mesh filter.

much much much less restriction than even a brand new k&n.

who really gives a shit if dust or pollen get into your engine.
    its going to burn up anyways.
    as long as no bugs, rocks, or debris get in, you've got nothing to worry about.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

the WR is really not worth the amount of money to put out for it..the second linnk im confused...the second link for the CAI...its for the 2g whcih the TB is on the other side from the 7g..i dnont no how that would work when you flip it to make it work for the 7g u need to put a hole in ur hood to fit ha..some one explain please...

i care what colors i put on my car shoot!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mitgalantes
    the WR is really not worth the amount of money to put out for it..the second linnk im confused...the second link for the CAI...its for the 2g whcih the TB is on the other side from the 7g..i dnont no how that would work when you flip it to make it work for the 7g u need to put a hole in ur hood to fit ha..some one explain please...
    Lol I was thinking the same thing, I just pictured a 2g Eclipse engine bay and it's not positioned the same as ours. Of course this guy could just cut the pipe and position it to fit like the rest of our CAI's :P . I think I used the tutorial that used a 3G eclipse kit.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Injen and AEM are good quality intakes. Don't get eBay intakes, unless you know the quality is good, i learned that the hard way :( . you can probably paint the intake yourself as well.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Re: This will be easier

I'm probably just gonna get the Weapon R Air Intake system for my 1995 7G Galant ES since I don't want to mess anything up by doing modifications myself.

Damn can't find any 7G Galant headers at all want to know if the header for the 2G eclipse is the same for the 7G?

If you think you are going to mess up your car by doing mods, then you probably shouldn't be modding it in the first place. Just my .02. I will say again however, that even if you buy one that is "bolt on" from an eclipse, the fitment will be different on your 7g so chances are very good that you will be doing some tweaking no matter which way you go.

222whp/250wtq

Re: This will be easier

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior

If you think you are going to mess up your car by doing mods, then you probably shouldn't be modding it in the first place. Just my .02. I will say again however, that even if you buy one that is "bolt on" from an eclipse, the fitment will be different on your 7g so chances are very good that you will be doing some tweaking no matter which way you go.
    As Long as I don't have to do hard costomizing I'll be OK.

Well, as long as you don't have a problem with having to cut the pipe and heading to somewhere like Home Depot to fabricate some type of support, you should be fine.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bmore303
    Well, as long as you don't have a problem with having to cut the pipe and heading to somewhere like Home Depot to fabricate some type of support, you should be fine.
    Exactly