The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 08 Lancer Turbo

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

08 Lancer Turbo

Just some news and pics from evom.com

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=288569

2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    haha, i thought that pipe was going to make the hood stick out.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    i can imagine how excited those guys must be.
    -Pedro

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Not bad. Again RRE steps up to the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    Not bad. Again RRE steps up to the plate.
    Not suprising considering they built the suspension for the Galant Ralliart concept, and much more for Mitsubishi.

that is the ugliest upper charge pipe design i've ever seen on a turbo kit.

only second to the maxima i saw a while back with the passenger seat mounted turbo kit.

if they are goiing to charge you 4k for a kit that has a basic off the shelf MHI turbo, the least they could do is include a battery relocation kit.... and some shorter... less offensive plumbing.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

KMXxBadboy
    The upper charge pipe is run the same way it is routed on the Evo X. Aft-mounted turbochargers with a FMIC require some intricate piping, often times not leading to a very eye-appealing look, but they sure do work.

it looks HIDEOUS.

i'd never buy that kit.

they shoud have just done long route piping where the upper pipe crosses back above the intercooler, bhind or inside the crashbar, then an easy band back up to the throttle body.

seriously i'd never pop my hood with that embarrassing akward pipe soaring over my core support.

i even thing the 6g vr4 hotside pipe looks bad going over the manifold, when they coudl have ran it straight down.

just plain ugly.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yeah thats pretty ugly. doesnt look like the hood will close but i guess it will. seems the intake manifold should face the other way
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Seems kinda pointless when the Lancer ralliart will most likely have a turbo. http://www.automotive.com/future-car...art/index.html
    My son was born!!! 4/18/06
    Easton
    Vya
    Ornelas

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsubishi_Lover
    Seems kinda pointless when the Lancer ralliart will most likely have a turbo. http://www.automotive.com/future-car...art/index.html
    not when theres people that can buy the base lancer and turbo it
    a turbo base lancer would most likely be faster than the ralliart since theres less weight less bullshit in the car
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    not when theres people that can buy the base lancer and turbo it
    a turbo base lancer would most likely be faster than the ralliart since theres less weight less bullshit in the car
    Thats true, base lancer comes out to 14,000 let say they overprice this turbo at about 5 g's another 1,000 for suspension and you got a really nice set up, the only thing is you will not get brembo and all wheel drive.

Besides the EVO; its been awhile since Mitsu has turboed anything else stateside.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    They could of done alot of a better job on fabricating a better I/C piping route. I have seen better piping for alot cheaper.

I am just curious how well the plastic composite manifolds used in these newer cars today stand up to boost pressures. I have only seen turbo cars equipped with cast aluminum or SMIM intake manis. I am pressure the EVO X will have a cast aluminum intake manifold..if not I would be surprised and curious the reason behind not using one on a turbo car.

Though I have read on some threads on Evom that the 4B11 responds well by just letting it breath better compared to stock in the sense of just adding a intake and exhaust and a little bit of tuning.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Thats true it would be cheaper to turbo a base lancer but a base lancer is not AWD. I would still much rather pay $25K for the ralliart than $21K for a loaded GTS and not have to screw around w/ fabricating a kit and all the other b.s that could come up along the way ordering some kit from the other side of the country(in my case). Still though I have a lot of respect for RRE they are one hell of a company and they have big plans for the new lancer in all its forms.

Though RRE is a great company, I agree with stunr. for a company like RRE, I cant believe they couldnt route the piping better than going over the rad. support. I've seen NEON's with homemade turbo kits with better piping.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.