4. You may not vote on this poll
  • AVIC-D2

0 0%
  • AVIC-D3

4 100.00%

Thread: which one would u get ??

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

which one would u get ??

which one would buy and which one is easier to fit ?? i haven't measured yet but i was just looking

AVIC-D2

AVIC-D3

checkout www.avic411.com

the d3 is only 1 cd slot so it would be annoying to take out and put in the cd all the time to swap with an audio CD. not a problem if you dont use audio cds. the d3 also does not sort POIs by distance, but rather in alphabetical order. Sucks when your looking for local restaurants/auto shops/supermarkets/theatres.

once the trip is loaded then u dont need the cd

the POI sorting is no problem

i wanna be able to play DVDs

the D3 dont have detailed city maps which makes no sense since D1 and D2 has it

im leaning more towards the D3
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    actually it will plan the route but you have to stick to it it will not reroute you without the cd and the nav functions without the cd are limited

the d3 is a really good system overall but as said the only drawback would be the fact that it only had 1 cd slot, however it has a great interface for the ipod and if you get it, if you dont already have an ipod you should probroblly make that your primary source of music

the d2 has 2 slots but i am pretty sure that like the d1 one slot is designated for cds while the other is for navi as well as dvds (but double check on this im not possitive) the ipod interface is pretty crappy tooalthough overall it is also a great unit also

another option if it is so important that you have dvds while driving is to get a hardrive based nav system like the ones eclipse by fujitsu makes, i had one in the past and it was one of the best ive owned however not as user friendly as the avics are as far as navi but once you learn to use it a bit it becomes second nature

all the installs for a double din player are basically the same and none of them are a direct fitment into the dash...all of them will require you to mold your bezel to create a double din slot that is formed to the unit....there are some pics and tutorials on how to do this if you arent sure

and t6his topic should have been posted in the audio/video forums for the future

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    actually it will plan the route but you have to stick to it it will not reroute you without the cd and the nav functions without the cd are limited

the d3 is a really good system overall but as said the only drawback would be the fact that it only had 1 cd slot, however it has a great interface for the ipod and if you get it, if you dont already have an ipod you should probroblly make that your primary source of music

the d2 has 2 slots but i am pretty sure that like the d1 one slot is designated for cds while the other is for navi as well as dvds (but double check on this im not possitive) the ipod interface is pretty crappy tooalthough overall it is also a great unit also

another option if it is so important that you have dvds while driving is to get a hardrive based nav system like the ones eclipse by fujitsu makes, i had one in the past and it was one of the best ive owned however not as user friendly as the avics are as far as navi but once you learn to use it a bit it becomes second nature

all the installs for a double din player are basically the same and none of them are a direct fitment into the dash...all of them will require you to mold your bezel to create a double din slot that is formed to the unit....there are some pics and tutorials on how to do this if you arent sure
    i didn't know that u need the cd in the system to get all the rerouting and other stuff

as far as the d2 and d1 they don't play DVDs so an external DVD player is needed

as far as the installs i seen pics, im willing to try to do it myself, i always like to learn new stuff and if that fails i can get some help

my primary goal was to get the Avic-N3 which i like since i had a flip out in dash unit made by pioneer in my last ride and i never upgraded it

so im gonna start comparing the D3 and the N3, do u think the N3 nav system will operate the same as the rest, i would assume so but until cofirmed then im going to do more homework

The install is easy. I rate it a 2 on a 1 - 10 scale. On par with changing your oil. Molding the trim is the harder part. Its more time consuming than hard, especially if you want it to look perfect. I rate it a 4.

the n3 is kind of a mix of both, great ipod interface again plays dvds but same problem with the navi and being rerouted, you have to have the disc in

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    the n3 is kind of a mix of both, great ipod interface again plays dvds but same problem with the navi and being rerouted, you have to have the disc in
    so now im back to square one

they're all in the same price range, i like the flip out and i like the stand alone models also, its just a matter of deciding which one i want