The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: custom trunk (started working on it)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 58
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant
    Here's mine before the car was totaled. 2 10" custom made eclipse subs in the box, and and amp.

I have something similiar to that, but I have a floating amp rack, which is also attactched to the 5lb. bottle, and amps and bottle move when the motorized decklid is in motion.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    those are all good ideas, once i get a system (which is NOT anytime soon) i can make it look clean, for now tho im trying to make a trunk without a system, keep the system pics coming tho, it make give me an idea for what i want to do

btw anyone seen Pimp My Ride before? when they put a TV in the trunk where things will be placed on it, where can i get that plastic cover that they put over it? (no im not doing anything with a tv)

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    btw anyone seen Pimp My Ride before? when they put a TV in the trunk where things will be placed on it, where can i get that plastic cover that they put over it?
    what? plexiglass?? you can get that at home depot...

is it easy to cut that stuff? or do they do it? im going to search the price online, but idn anything about it

is it easy to cut that stuff? or do they do it? im going to search the price online, but idn anything about it
    i don't know...i guess carefully cutting it is the key....i do know that it is easy to break if cut wrong

before i buy it i will ask them, i couldnt think of what it was called tho lol

you can cut plexi-glass with a box cutter or Xacto blade and a straight edge. Use a box cutter, it'll be more efficient. It'll take awhile, especially depending on how thick you get, but it'll be worth it. You'll get a cleaner cut than say a dremel or jigsaw.

well homedepot doesnt have it on their site... time to try lows

lowes doesnt have it either...

what?? i remember seeing some at home depot...u should call and ask rather than looking on the site.

Try art / hobby stores too. I've even seen big sheets of it at sporting goods stores.

just go to the big box hardware store and they hsould have it next to the replacement glass/mirrors. they come in different thicknesses also.

cutting it, pretty much what I do is rough cut it with the dremel. I use just the plain drill bit and just melt my way through the cut. then i'll fine cut it with a jig saw and an extra fine blade. finally sand the edges smooth.

key to cutting plexi with like a hand saw is to keep the plexi flat on the cutting surface and secure. if the plexi moves up and down with the saw blade then you risk cracking it more.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

thanks everyone

if im out tomorrow ill just stop by homedepot and chech it out, seaching for PLEXIGLASS or PLEXI-GLASS isnt showing anything online, and how much should i be expecting to pay? its a good size, about as big and the insert that comes out of our trunk to get to the spare

Your going to have to call or just go up there, and see for yourself. I am almost certain they have it there. And same for lowes.
    The Boss always will Remain Shining!!

yea, i want to pick it up to finish what im doing, but i dont really want to spend much so i hope its cheap-ish, is there anywhere else that may have it cheaper? damn walmart should sell this lol

lower your car! save your money for a drop and buy plexiglass for a custom trunk with no system later. lol
    2001 es v6

i dont have any possible way to do a drop and i dont really wanna pay a place that will charge up the ass

yea, i want to pick it up to finish what im doing, but i dont really want to spend much so i hope its cheap-ish, is there anywhere else that may have it cheaper? damn walmart should sell this lol
    I think Home depot and lowes are pretty much going to be your competitive places. Unless the little hardware stores in your local area might have them. I kinda doubt it, but you can try. I know your very axionous to fix up your ride. But remember, be patient. Do one thing at a time. Write a list on what you like to do, then find out how much it will cost for the stuff, then judge if you like to spend the money now or later. Don't spend your money on something just for temp results. Save that cash for something else better. This is my opinion, 1.Get your rims first. 2. Get your OEM spoiler, 3rd just go from there. Just do the basic little stuff that is cost effective and still looks like quality product, and not garbage. I think your 8G would apreciate that. But on the real, just TAKE YOUR TIME..... :D
    The Boss always will Remain Shining!!

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast