The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Whats the difference?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    2002ShadowDeamon

Whats the difference?

I understand that this might seem like a really dumb question, and that i will probably get some really dumb remarks, but here goes anyway. The 4g64 and the 4g63t are pretty much interchangable. Are any of the V6s interchangable with the 6a13tt? And if not, could any of them be turned into a twin turbo? I am very interested in the 6a13tt, but due to the restraint of money, I dont think i would be able to get it. Even though I can get the full front clip from Japan for $2500. Its a shame that I dont have the money to do the build. Oh, and if I could get the money to do this, would any of the parts for the USDM V6s fit on the 6a13tt if something went wrong with the engine? Please, anyone that can help with this, please do. As for those that have to make useless comments, I guess you can knock yourself out seeing how no-one can stop you. And thanks for any help.

TGC Regular
    I think the 6a13tt fits into the 8g chasis, but you will have to find a fwd tranny. It is believed that you can use the fto fwd tranny, but it is hard to find and may not be strong enough. I'm not sure if the parts are interchangable. If you have alot of money to pay for the swap or the high international shipping rates do it. If you dont save your money get the ripp V6 supercharger or custom turbo or a 6G74 swap.

2002ShadowDeamon
    As for the transmission, the full front clip comes with that. Is it possible to make our car AWD? And I'm not too worried about shipping rates. I have a place in Cavesprings that can hook me up. All I need to know is can it be done, or will i have to make it FWD?

anything is possible. it all depends on how much money you're willing to spend and how much custom work the person who's doing the work can do.

if I wanted to, I can swap a GA10 engine into my car and get crazy fuel economy. but im not.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

The 6a12tt and 6a13tt are different engines than ours. So in other words no it doesn't work with our 6G72s. Though you can do a twinturbo build on your 6G72. If you want to take any internal engine parts take them from a 6G72TT out of a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4/Dodge Stealth TwinTurbo.

The AWD conversion would be costly because the chassis modification would be nuts, not to mention that you'd need to change out the entire rear section of the suspension, and probably make modications to fit the differential in the car.

2002ShadowDeamon
    So what would it take to do the 6G72tt? And has anyone done it?