The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

4g63?

i'm not really very smart when it comes to engines, and i searched all around for 4g63 swap and people kept saying evo 4-9(what exactly is that, a certain kind of evo 9?)

anyways, i just want to know straight up if this fits a 4 cyl 8g. the cams and belts were on the correct side as well as the air intake on the correct side. and i'm not one to get my hands dirty, so i want to know if i would be spending a lot more than just 3k to get this in.

any help would be appreciated.

i apologize in advance if this is an extremely noobish question.
    '03
    rockin' the DE

Evo 4

Evo 5

Evo 6

Evo 7

Evo 8

Evo 9

Basically, Evo 4-9 refers to the different production years. Evo 9 would be the newest one, the body style before that would be the Evo 8 and so on.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

Re: 4g63?

Quote Originally Posted by 03_silver_8g
    i'm not really very smart when it comes to engines, and i searched all around for 4g63 swap and people kept saying evo 4-9(what exactly is that, a certain kind of evo 9?)

anyways, i just want to know straight up if this fits a 4 cyl 8g. the cams and belts were on the correct side as well as the air intake on the correct side. and i'm not one to get my hands dirty, so i want to know if i would be spending a lot more than just 3k to get this in.

any help would be appreciated.

i apologize in advance if this is an extremely noobish question.

If your going to pay a shop to get it done, minimum your gonna spend parts and labor will be $6k and that will be using used parts and not upgrading alot of stuff that should be upgraded.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

so does the engine even come close to "just dropping in"?
    '03
    rockin' the DE

Yessir, a guy here called Cali has done the swap as well as Stewi. Also the 2000-2004 Eclipse manual transmission mates to it for 5-speed to the front wheels

is that engine possible to get in a fwd auto?

and what would i have to upgrade to put it in?

also, i ordered the megan cat back. if i do the swap, would that still fit the evo motor?
    '03
    rockin' the DE