The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33

4g64

i decided to ditch turboing my car and just make an n/a motor. So far i have a 5 speed swap dohc wiring harness/ecu jun 264 cams and an underdrive pully. I am also planing on eleminating balance shafts and tring to get a lightened flywheel. i am going to find a hyundia head with the smaller cc chamber to raise the compression a tad bit more. I am going to keep the block stock and just build around it. Any other suggestions that i could use would be great.

get some high compression pistons/rings. and get some ARP head studs to handle all of the compression.
    also, you might want to get some eagle rods. they are a lot stronger than the stock rods

since ur going to get the hyundia head port and polsih that...get a 1g tb(60mm) CAI..upgrade the exhastu system to 2.5" no bigger...headers....

it is going to stay a stock short block. the car needs a motor and i am tring to do it on a buget. There is no need to port the 4g63 head. If you don't have a flow bech you shouldn't be touch you head. I will clean and debur the intake and exhaust runner but that will be the extent of it. I also have i have a 1g throttle body that will be going on it.

Experienced TGC Member
    Well... Lets see here. In order to port the correct way and to see better results.. Yes you need a flow bench... But.. ive experienced first hand. With 50 hours and a dremmel with the right bits.. Porting that way is effective.. I did it.. And i let someone drive my car that did the 5 speed swap with the light weight flywheel.. WITH the A/C on and with 2 ppl that weigh well over 220.. it was still faster than a stock 5 speed 7g... So um.......... Where do you go from there.. Oh yea.. I still dont have exhaust work done yet.. so i dont know the acutal result...

the biggest problem is the shitty casting mitsu had. You will gain from just cleaning up the head.

Experienced TGC Member
    exactly... and what do you really think they do when they use the proper equipment to port and polish? Ive done research.. When they "port" a head in racing.. they clean up the cast marks.. and they go about 1/4-3-8 in the port and bring it out a lil bit.. well... just happens that a sanding drum on a dremmel is about 3/8'' wide.. so sit there and grind a lil bit... I mean yea.. machines are more precise. But for the little bit more of a gain that you get from a professional port vs home port.... Why pay the money?

so GAY do u live in a cold climate and and if so how u guna rewire the vaccum lines!! hahahahaha let me no

Quote Originally Posted by mitgalantes
    so GAY do u live in a cold climate and and if so how u guna rewire the vaccum lines!! hahahahaha let me no
    no you dont, you have to move the coolant lines...

try these!

94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

what pistons are those?

The G4JS...there are stamped on the pistons.
    -3 dished pistons...quote from about $40 a piece.
    Comes from the Hyundai/Kia version of the 4G64 DOHC.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What would be the compression ratio on those? Pretty cheap for OEM.
    7g for life!

with either a sohc or 1g/2g dohc 47cc head, it is 11.44
    with a 4g67/g4cn 43cc head, it is 12.22

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Haha thats awesome! Would make for a sweet NA build :)
    7g for life!

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Very cool. I think with those pistons, stock rods or 1g big rods if they would fit, ITBs, DOHC head with some mild NA cams, bigger valves, all running speed density and no MAS would rock. Ah if I only had the money haha.

Running NA and ITBs, you could just run a small filter on the end of each TB and call it a day, no need for any piping. That engine bay would look killer!
    7g for life!

4G67 heads are cheap when compare with 4G63 heads but the high compression probably would require retard timing, high octane fuel, water/meth injection, enlarge combustion chambers, valve relief cut, thicker HG, or maybe propane injection with a good tune to prevent detonation.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Very cool. I think with those pistons, stock rods or 1g big rods if they would fit, ITBs, DOHC head with some mild NA cams, bigger valves, all running speed density and no MAS would rock. Ah if I only had the money haha.

Running NA and ITBs, you could just run a small filter on the end of each TB and call it a day, no need for any piping. That engine bay would look killer!
    yeah but can no longer use the MAF unless the ITB has a plenum. other than that, have to convert to MAP

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

You can convert to a MAP and run speed density, just need the right EPROM ECU and an Ostrich emulator. Being able to ditch the MAF with an NA setup would be pretty sweet.
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast